Discussion: Councilor Roles Tweak

Re: Discussion: Councilor Roles Tweak

Postby Carl Palmner » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:16 am

ZURI summed up my concerns regarding the GoW and art better than I did myself. My biggest concern is that the artistic side of the GoW sometimes gets neglected, and to me that's a very bad thing as I tend towards the artistic side myself (as a story-writer and visual artist) more than the technical (while I have taken some programming classes and can pick up programming fairly easily, I'm more interested in artistic expression).

Although I also support OHB as the PR councilor, I think we ought to respect the wishes of several in this thread who have requested we leave off on discussing who the Councilor should be until we've really finalized what tweaks we're going to do.

That being said--can we go ahead and put this to a vote? I know which proposal I prefer.
Carl Palmner

Postby Chacal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

I agree with the above.
I thought of rewriting my proposal, putting back the Councilor of artistic direction, because I'm still worried about checks and balances, and we still don't know precisely what we're voting on (the proposal should include a new complete charter).

But then I realized it doesn't really matter. I don't have time for this, there are too few active people left to worry about it, and nothing we write in our charter will have any influence on what the persons concerned will do anyway.

What is important is keeping the community alive, and if these changes are the way to do it, then let's do them. I'll trust the persons involved to do their best.

In a nutshell: this current proposal at the start of this thread is the only one on the table.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Carl Palmner » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:19 am

Very well, what's the next step? Does Adam re-post this in "Submitted Proposals" with a poll attached, and we then vote?
Carl Palmner

Postby Branan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am

we're well past the 4-day deadline, so he could do that. I do sort of agree with those who think the current propsal is kinda vague. I've got something written up that we could post as a take-3 on this whole thing, but that means waiting one more weekend. I'll ask Hoikas and Lontahv what they think.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby ZURI » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm

@OHB. Thank you for responding. I like your attitude towards other fields. I'm a firm believer that it takes as much brainpower to create art as it does for science. :) Thank you for having an open mind.

@Kaelis. Sorry bud, but I disagree. When an everyday fan thinks about Cyan and Myst, I doubt their minds are thinking about the game engine - but rather the art that is displayed by it. They aren't concerned with How it happens, only That it happens. Hope this makes sense. :)

In my experience, most people who are technically minded tend to communicate differently than their peers. This is why you rarely seen an engineer working in Human Resources. ;)

However, as Chacal wisely noted... the community is shrinking and we need to keep it alive. From what I have seen, OHB has a "warm and fuzzy" side to him - which
is important in a PR related position.

In light of this, I will support OHB.
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby Chacal » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:I nominate OHB, he's shown great skill at general PR, and etc, and has a spotless reputation in the community. =)

So are you going to make an official proposal or not?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Previous

Return to Representative Discussion