Discussion: Councilor Roles Tweak

Re: Discussion: Councilor Roles Tweak

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Branan wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:Forgive me if this comes across as a bit paranoid. But uh...by purging the representatives group it's now down to 24. With only 60 percent needed to pass any proposal, that means literally 14 people together can decide a major decision for the guild. Granted this is the structure we voted on a few years ago, but that's when the representative pool was much larger. With it down to 24, doesn't that essentially mean that a small group of people now basically have the power to decide whatever they want for the future of the guild as a whole? Doesn't seem quite fair to me.

There's no restriction on who can join the representative pool. If you're concerned about it's size, I'd encourage you to try to convince newer more active members to become involved in Guild decision making.

I'm just more concerned that I can simply look at the representative group and count 14 votes right off the top of my head without a poll even being needed. That in itself is scary to me.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 pm

I believe I only purged 10 or so users from the list, so we never had a huge pool of representatives to begin with ;). I'll agree with Branan on this one though, if it concerns you, then we need to drum up some interest in getting more (active) representatives.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby GPNMilano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:45 pm

And what happened that Dox isn't a representative anymore?
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 pm

AFAIK, Paradox never was a representative. If you see posts from him in this forum, then it's probably carryover from when this was the "Internal Discussion" forum back when we had five councilors. The old internal forum was visible to all but only councilors could post in it. Dox used to be our "PR councilor" guy (I have long since forgotten the name of that position) way back in the day. ;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Branan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 pm

GPNMilano wrote:
Branan wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:Forgive me if this comes across as a bit paranoid. But uh...by purging the representatives group it's now down to 24. With only 60 percent needed to pass any proposal, that means literally 14 people together can decide a major decision for the guild. Granted this is the structure we voted on a few years ago, but that's when the representative pool was much larger. With it down to 24, doesn't that essentially mean that a small group of people now basically have the power to decide whatever they want for the future of the guild as a whole? Doesn't seem quite fair to me.

There's no restriction on who can join the representative pool. If you're concerned about it's size, I'd encourage you to try to convince newer more active members to become involved in Guild decision making.

I'm just more concerned that I can simply look at the representative group and count 14 votes right off the top of my head without a poll even being needed. That in itself is scary to me.

I think that shows that the people who have stuck with the Guild through the years are of like minds on some issues. That sort of unified drive is, in my opinion, a strength. Fragmentation has historically been a problem in the Uru community.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby OHB » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm

diafero wrote:...provided he is willing to take that job.

After some consideration and discussion, I've decided to accept the nomination. :) Thanks guys!
OHB

Postby Chacal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 am

With the slowing down of activity in all things Uru, some people don't come here as often as they used to. Please allow more time for any nomination or decision.
I cannot look at this before the weekend.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby andylegate » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 am

I have a question based upon GPNMilano's comments and Paladin's:

Is the information on joining representatives for the GoW, and allowing newer members to become more involved in the GoW this way actually visible enough?

I know that I can see the discussion area here and post because I'm part of this forum group. However, what about newer members? Can they even see this part of the forum? I know as a "guest" you can not see this part of the forum at all.

It may be that newer members can see it, and really just care more about using this forum as a resource for information in Age Creation, rather than being involved in other GoW activities

Was just curious about this, and don't want to create a "new" account here just to see (and violate forum rules about having more than one account).
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Tweek » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 am

You can see it, just not post here.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

andylegate wrote:as a "guest" you can not see this part of the forum at all.

I did not know this. The problem has been rectified.
Tsar Hoikas

PreviousNext

Return to Representative Discussion