Nominations for Councilor of Human Relations

Nominations for Councilor of Human Relations

Postby Carl Palmner » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I haven't seen anyone posting this yet, although we did discuss some possibilities for candidates in the thread about the new Councilor position. Since the position is now officially in existence and I haven't seen any further direction on the subject, I thought I'd take some initiative and post this thread.

We have a new position--the Councilor of Human Relations (see the GoW Specifications for more info). This position is currently empty, as the occupant of the position preceding it (Councilor of Intra-Guild Relations) has been removed due to inactivity. I thought we should discuss who we would like to nominate for the position and have this place for people to announce their candidacy for it if they want to.

As for myself, I'd like to officially nominate OHB for the position. His name came up in the thread about creating the position in the first place, and he was already the first person I thought of when I considered this role. My own reasons for this are that OHB has shown repeatedly in the past a very keen ability for diplomacy. Add to this his knowledge and his ability to present it clearly and efficiently, and I think you have the three most important attributes for the position. I have seen OHB keep a cool head and remain polite and diplomatic in the face of criticism several times now as he has acted as the "public face" for the Gray Hats in MOULa. Most notably, he has remained calm and helpful even when both the critics AND some of his own associates have degenerated into rudeness over the issues being discussed. Anyone who's ever been in similar situations knows that this is not an easy thing to do.

So, I'm nominating OHB and invite others to support him as well. If any of you have other possible nominees (even yourselves), please feel free to post here.
Carl Palmner

Re: Nominations for Councilor of Human Relations

Postby Chacal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Support.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Luna » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 am

Support.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Branan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:52 am

I think the only reason this hasn't been done is that OHB is out of town. The Guild Structure actually doesn't say how we're supposed to handle nomination of new councilors. I think Hoikas and Lontahv were planning on the current council members (themselves) nominating OHB, then creating a "Do you approve of OHB for the position" poll (see the previous polls for councilor positions).

That being said, I whole-heartedly support OHB for the position, and I think it's good that someone took some initiative around here :)
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Lontahv » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Branan wrote:I think Hoikas and Lontahv were planning on the current council members (themselves) nominating OHB, then creating a "Do you approve of OHB for the position" poll (see the previous polls for councilor positions).

Yes. Since there are no other people who seem interested in the position we can automatically nominate him and then give people the option to accept for reject him.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Whilyam » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:50 am

FELLOW DALEKS! WE MUST APPOINT ONE OF OUR OWN TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE HUMANS! COMMUNICATE! COMMUNICATE! COMMUNICAAAATE!

*ahem*

Yes.. support. Of course I think I would be a better choice for the post, but no one else probably wants ME in the human relations post! :twisted:

... you scum-sucking fruit baskets.
Whilyam

Postby ZURI » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 pm

@Whilyam. Honestly, the only reason I didn't put your name up here myself, is because you haven't been very active in the forum lately. Frankly, I wasn't sure if you were still hanging around the GoW at all. I've read all of you and Tweek's blogs, and agree with both of you in a lot of ways. Frankly, I'd like to see Tweek up for nomination here, but due to past relations with Cyan,.... well, you know. I doubt he would want the job anyways, and wouldn't blame him.

But, then again, what kind of image are we trying to portray here? Are we huggy/friendly, or do we want to be more "persistent" (aka, pertaining to Cyan, the plugin source...etc.). How do we intend to have relations with the company (or, sadly, what's left of it).

Do we want to have an "inviting" image? I can say for a fact that a couple of people who came here with good intentions were put off by bad relations with public people. We need to not be a d**k to new members who are still learning. Will say no more...

Hate to sound like I'm jumping ship here. I casted my vote, and will stand by it. Whilyam, if you wanted the job and think you could have done a good job - you should have nominated yourself. Heck, I might have voted for you.

However, as an afterthought to all of this...... Who are we? What are we doing, if anything? What's the temperature? Just tell me it isn't cold......
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby Whilyam » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:52 pm

If I am elected dictator for life, my first act will be to storm Cyan Worlds headquarters and free Rand from the broom closet and fuse him with his brother Robyn into a twisted freak of nature which will finally lead Cyan with both the artistic creativity and common sense business practices it so desperately needs. There will also be pizza.
Whilyam

Postby ZURI » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Except for the fact that you're obviously insane...

Although you have a good point. And pizza...
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby Tweek » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence but you were correct in your assertion that I'd not be interested.

I don't think they'd want to anyway, I get the strong impression they don't like me.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Next

Return to Representative Discussion