Nominations for Councilor of Human Relations

Re: Nominations for Councilor of Human Relations

Postby diafero » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 am

Whom "they"? I can tell I do like you ;-)

But, then again, what kind of image are we trying to portray here? Are we huggy/friendly, or do we want to be more "persistent" (aka, pertaining to Cyan, the plugin source...etc.). How do we intend to have relations with the company (or, sadly, what's left of it).
Does the one exclude the other? I think the GoW can and should be both: Welcoming to new members, and forming an independent opinion that need not match with Cyan's.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tweek » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 pm

They = Cyan :)
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby OHB » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Well this was a nice thread to come home to :)
OHB

Postby Carl Palmner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:59 am

Tweek has had bad relations with Cyan?

Much as I like Whil, I think OHB is the better choice for this position and that's who I'll vote for. But it sounds like Whil is interested and there are probably others who'd support him so maybe we should include him as a candidate as well?
Carl Palmner

Postby Chacal » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 am

Everyone, including himself, knows that Whil makes nice Ages but he has the people skills of a female pit bull in PMS.
:)
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ZURI » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:42 pm

diafero wrote:Does the one exclude the other? I think the GoW can and should be both: Welcoming to new members, and forming an independent opinion that need not match with Cyan's.

I agree with this, however, in the past - newcomers haven't always been greeted with a smile. I personally know of people who, after coming here, had less than desirable experiences. While this isn't always the case... it has happened repeatedly. Most likely it was due to non-people-persons doing people-person jobs.

Hence the reason I asked the question regarding our image, and how we would like to be percieved.

However, the more I think about it... this issue may correct itself after the change being discussed here takes place.
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby Branan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:24 pm

In light of OHB's continued unexplained absence, I'm putting myself forward for this position. With Cyan's final release of open source, I think it's important that the GoW be ready to handle the needs of the Uru artist and developer communities as things move forward. Having someone in this position is a big part of that, and it's something I have some experience with already.

As always, I'd rather be coding than doing community management... but I feel this is an important milestone, and I want to do what I can to help the GoW move through it.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Branan, you're perfectly capable of doing this, and would, infact, be an excellent choice so, seconded.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am

This sounds good to me. All things considered, this position has been vacant entirely too long. Therefore, if there are no major objections within 24 hours, we will hold a minimalist "no-objections" poll to approve Branan. This has drug on and on like for entirely too long.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Considering the recent events, it's definitely overdue. I wonder what happened to OHB.

I, too, support branan for this position.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Representative Discussion