TwoCities Old Town Harbor - Persp 2

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: TwoCities Old Town Harbor - Persp 2

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Woohoo, the MoA is finally going to get modeled! And it's looking great too! :D
Jennifer_P

Postby trucker2000 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:43 am

Ok, I need some more information before I go too far.
In the image you sent me, I added some bolded text showing areas that need defining.
Another thing is, you don't show where the water channel comes from, or how it fills the tree trough. Does it go all the way around? or just down two sides?
Aside from those areas, great image with the sizes tho. :)
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3D
trucker2000

Postby trucker2000 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 am

Sorry for the double post, but wanted to get your opinion on this before I get too far.
The images below show a vacant building. I'll add the floors later. I just need to know if this is correct before I go further.

From the inside basement area looking up:

Outside looking from the east:
Note: I haven't put the angle on the walls yet.

Sorry it's taking me so long. I have been gone, and have been fighting with my webhost inbetween, so haven't had much time to work on this.

Edit to add:
Your concept art, and your measurements are off from each other. Here are the columns in place, at the size you state.

Edit number 2:
Here is the zip with the .blend file. Be forwarned...This is no where complete. It's just to get feedback. If you fall down inside, there is no way out.
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3D
trucker2000

Postby pappou » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Trucker's Questions:
Truckers Bld Sec -1.png
Truckers Bld Sec -1.png (112.95 KiB) Viewed 2356 times

1 Width??
re:Wall Section thru Sombrero Roof
http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1214&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

2 Open??
Yes; what is colored yellow is solid, and what is in line is in elevation;

3 What holds me up?
Re:"Above Entry Level Plan No.2:"
http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1214&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10
a. This plan is cut through the entry by 'Truckers Bld Sec-1.png';
b. The narrow piece of 'What holds me up' is the narrowest portion of that floor plan, at the entry ramp; the dashed line in this plan is the edge of the balcony rail above (that being 'Under Roof Plan 1');
c. In the plan of the floor in question you can see how it is integrated, and not set off by itself as it may appear in the Section; more specifically, these floors are made of cast nara stone, which is stronger than concrete, and span from the outside walls; the floors are entirely wall bearing, and so they cantilever to the 65'sq courtyard opening, which is stiffened by its railing;
d. The shallow reflecting ponds on the exterior are not designed yet, so ignore them;
e. The big tank with the green water is a specail situation; it is the hydroponic feeding sysem for the tree and does not circulate;
f. In your view: 'From the inside basement area looking up', those corners go through the upper floors like you show; they do not go into the basement; but the columns DO go into the basement and support the loads above; Note that the columns are much thinner than your latest model shows; the cols are 11ft in diameter (re:"Entry Floor Plan: major dimensions" on http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1214&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10); you cols look to be nearly 40ft in diameter;

I think this covers most of your questions. Your model "Outside looking from the east" is very good proportions. I think when you adjust the column size and get the floors in place, you will have 75% of the model done. It is starting to look great, Trucker.

But to get the floors in, you have to go by the plans of each floor. Let me know if you have more questions, and thank you for your hard work.
pappou
pappou

Previous

Return to Art and Story