Ambient Sounds

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Ambient Sounds

Postby Donahoo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Hello all. I have a program that can make sound effects and ambient sounds, royalty free. It is called Atmosphere Deluxe. I can make wind, rain, nature sounds, storms, birds, animals, insects and things like that. This program is pretty old, around 2003 but it works well. Obviously people sounds such as cars, trains, and ships, would not be appropriate at this point but who knows what the future holds. The sound effects are pretty customizable, such as deleting certain sounds and adding others, as well as a volume control on each individual sound. I have other types of sounds that I have recorded myself, such as elevator sounds and machinery, and these can be altered if needed.

If any of you need something like this, please let me know.
Last edited by Donahoo on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donahoo

Re: Atmosphere Deluxe

Postby Zander » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:36 pm

It seems to have died the death now--the only place I've found that purports to be able to supply it is a dodgy warez site I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. *muttered curses*

Not to disparage your kind offer, Donahoo, but I wanted to play with it myself... :lol:
Zander

Re: Ambient Sounds

Postby Donahoo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:10 pm

What are you looking for, Zander?
Donahoo

Postby Zander » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:02 pm

The programme you mentioned. It sounds both useful and fun. But all the sites that list it go to blank screen when I try to download, apart from this dodgy place I mentioned.

I'm not far enough along yet to know what specific sounds I would want. I just wanna play. :cry:

EDIT: like this. I did this with a program called Noatikl and a few soft synths in Cubase...
Zander

Postby Donahoo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:41 am

http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/

Here is the site; it's the first one listed on Google too. There is a newer version than the one I have, as well as updated preset sound themes. But looks like you found something similar. The sound effects you posted are the kinds of things Atmosphere Deluxe can make, without the music of course.
Donahoo

Postby Zander » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:24 am

Noatikl is an ambient music generator, a successor to Koan which I believe was part-devised by Brian Eno. I just hooked it up to some software synths that have sound effects in their libraries. I think it might work just as well...but I need more sounds, grrr.

If you go through to the download page from Relaxing Software (dl.filekicker.com/send/file/whatever), it's blank. I tried that every which way. Emailing the company has also produced no response as yet. Thank you for finding the link, though.
Zander

Postby Donahoo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:36 am

I see the problem. Don't know how to solve it either, the purchase page only gives you an unlock code for the trial software that you can't download. Bummer. :cry:
Donahoo

Postby Turjan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Don't forget ... Google is your friend ... BUT !!!

"Find-Sounds" TOO !!!

it's a kind of Google but only with Sounds (Ambient and Music)

http://www.findsounds.com/types.html

enjoy !
Turjan

Return to Art and Story