Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:03 am

Wow..thanks so much for the support!! I still have a long journey ahead before completion. I've made a few mistakes during building, one of which was huge clusters of vertices, I was working on the assumption more would give me better detail. And my research on the forum revealed my assumption was wrong and will cause performance issues in the long run. And being such a large age in my case less vertices the better. So I'll have to rebuild most of it. :oops:

You know I was inspired by the pod age Dereno, and despite how beautifully crafted it was..it left me wanting. I wanted to see more. My goal is to have a underwater observatory/aquarium where the aquatic and plant life are all around making one feel completely immersed in the environment. If I pull it off..it could be really awesome.
Last edited by Atheni33 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atheni33

Postby Oneironaut » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 am

So, when you get this far to make the underwater flora and fauna,
i would love to contribute a fish or two ;)
I'm a big fan of the (really ugly) deep sea/abyssial fauna, but this wouldn't fit, i think. ^^
Great work so far, Atheni.
Zeus would be proud of you :D
Oneironaut

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm

So, when you get this far to make the underwater flora and fauna,
i would love to contribute a fish or two ;)

I may just take you up on that!! When I'm done with the build (hopefully by summer) we could start on the fish and flora and sketch out a few ideas, and maybe I'll know a little more about animation by then also. :P
Atheni33

Postby robbieagray » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 am

Sounds like a really good idea.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby kirakira » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi! I am in love with your age idea and screen caps. Really nice work. :D

Is your newer design still going to have an art gallery? I do many forms of traditional artwork (i also dabble in digital) and would be interested in contributing an image if you like. We could talk about the subject matter and style, as of yet I have not done any myst related paintings but would do one for this world.
kirakira

Postby Atheni33 » Sun May 03, 2009 3:07 pm

Shorah Kirakira! My project has evolved more towards a Aquarium and less of a Museum. However once I complete the Aquarium age (which could be a while) I have three shells in Ahra Pahts for the Museum/Gallery so people like yourself can show their work. But that may not start until next year, because I need to finish my Aquarium age first. I do know however there are several ages in progress now specifically for such a purpose. When we get the source codes from Cyan they will go public so this may be a good time work on your individual pieces, once we get back to the cavern there will be a lot of work and opportunity for everyone. :)
Atheni33

Postby Chacal » Mon May 04, 2009 7:50 am

Why not add marine-themed artwork to your aquarium? It would be a nice finishing touch.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Atheni33 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Why not add marine-themed artwork to your aquarium? It would be a nice finishing touch.

Chacal that's a brilliant idea actually! It wouldn't be to difficult to have areas through out just for displaying marine-themed work. Some of the pieces could be illustrations of extinct fish or flora or...aquatic worlds from where the current specimens are from. Yeah..I really like that idea, in fact it's giving me a few more ideas about another story line. 8-) Thanx!
Atheni33

Postby Chacal » Mon May 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Great!
What I had in mind was simply to put some art where you would otherwise have a blank wall.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Dreshanda » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 pm

I looked at your original drawing, then at all of the other screen shots and such after it...and I do say, this is an amazing work so far! I like your idea of having to jump and climbing to most of the areas, but stairs would be nice in some places for a more relaxing way to get around :)
Also...I think that somehow, you should put birds in it. Because with what I view them as; birds swim in a sea of air, and fish fly in a sky of water. I hope that kind of helps, and if it doesn't, then I'm sorry for complicating things! :oops:
Oh, and if you need help designing any fish or plants or the such, I would be glad to help :)
If all the world is beautiful, then what is man?

Colds only suck if you don't blow the snot out...
Dreshanda

Previous

Return to Art and Story