Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

Postby Atheni33 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:15 pm

I don’t have the skill or the confidence to do an age yet so I thought I would start with something small such as a building. I was so inspired by Ahra Pahts that I decided to create a museum/gallery. This building would have to be very large to accommodate just a small fraction of the cities artist, (that is why I am hoping there will eventually be an art district someday) The upper level is accessible by the surrounded courtyard. Once you enter you are struck by the huge elongated dome shaped room who's ceiling reaches near 60'. Suspended from above is a variety of artifacts from different ages, paintings, photographs and local artist work are mounted above the catwalks along the walls. On the massive floor sits sculptures, display cases and benches. Sound boring? Wait this museum is unique for it’s lower level is submerged under water...why is it submerged you asked? Well....why not!! (I wanted my structure to be an inspiration and maybe a little controversial ...Is it a museum or an aquarium? :lol: The lower level will have a surreal atmosphere. The floor and walls are transparent, outside the dome large bioluminescent organism glide below and all around you, submerged in the distance water sculptures softly singing a strange chorus of light and sound into the blue water. Finally if you look towards the center of the museum you will see that three of the four elevators are public, the fourth elevator gives you access to the two smaller chambers, but it can only be called if you have the correct key code. The upper chamber is an office with a small living area for my books, maps and personal collection, the lower chamber...well that is a secret. 8-)

~Atheni33

Last edited by Atheni33 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atheni33

Re: Ahra Pahts Museum Idea

Postby Ruvinka » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:21 pm

That is really lovely!
It looks so much like a jewel really... or possibly a Faberge Egg.
I don't know anything about Blender so I wouldn't be able to give you any tips or anything there.
An artistic community (like a chain of linked art ages) might be really cool.
You may have started with only a building, but I think you'll find that you've created something more complex and intruiging!
I am looking forward to hearing about your progress!!
Ruvinka

Postby BAD » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:22 pm

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I have to say that your drawing is really cool and I like your idea.

There are a lot of great things going on here, and I can't wait to have more time to help out again.

Still doing my moderator job, BTW, it's pretty easy when you all are so great. Thnx! :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:31 am

I just love the gold and blue color scheme; reminds me of the Gungan city from Episode I a bit, but more self contained and structural supportish in nature--gives it a more serious Myst-scientific feel I think. :) I particularly like those little circles you put on the gold support at the top. So what part of this are you planning to work on next?
Jennifer_P

Postby Trylon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:53 am

This looks really good!
I look forward to walking around there!
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Wow..thanks to everyone for the feedback. Not sure when I am going to start building..blender is a lot harder than I thought but I am determined to finish the book and the tutorial soon. :)
Atheni33

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:00 am

Yup; well don't worry, as soon as you jump in your learning is just going to explode as you put your techniques into practice! Frustrating, but good for you. :D
Jennifer_P

Re: Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

Postby Atheni33 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:19 am

I've finally have some free time to start building the aquarium/museum. It's a lot harder than I imagined, but I am having so much fun with it. I had to modify my design idea mostly because I'm still learning blender and my skill level isn't where it should be for such a huge project, but I am determined to master it :D . I am posting a few screen shots of what I have so far. There are two main structures, the museum with an office on the upper level, and the aquarium below. The second structure is a hatchery. I had this idea to make the aquarium interactive..meaning having visitors hatch and release the specimens when every they like. Of course it won't be that easy, they’ll have to figure out the mechanism and must be mindful of the delicate ecosystem otherwise all their hard work could be lost. This project is very ambitious on my part. And will not be completed for sometime. I'll eventually need help with the technical aspect. But I hope to at least have the structure build and texture for folks to run around in. You may have to right click on the image to view it in full frame.

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby ardent red » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:16 pm

I like the model alot- can't wait until I can go exploring in it! The new building looks quite different to the orginal drawing (somehow, the original was more organic, as if it were designed with the water organisms that inhabit the water around the building as a source of inspiration), but that's not really a bad thing. The new one looks more secure, like a submarine partially above the water- either way, the museum is awesome, I really like the direction it's heading in!

The second structure is a hatchery. I had this idea to make the aquarium interactive..meaning having visitors hatch and release the specimens when every they like.

Hmm, I think we all have a touch of evil genius here in the Uru community, so that ought to go down well with everyone! The hatchery is a brilliant idea... *rubs hands together* :twisted: !
Oh mai! What's that sound! *watches army of hideous killer squee/shroomie/Dr Kodama/PyPRP dev. hybrids eating Kerath's Arch*
Uh-oh... :? *looks around for poor innocent bystanders, finds Jennifer* She did it! I wasn't taking DNA from leftover DRC toenail clippings, I swear! :lol:
ardent red

Postby Grogyan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Wow, I like lots too.

If it happens to be an aquarium, then the wizard i'm writing will help loads here
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Next

Return to Art and Story