Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Ahra Pahts Aquarium/Museum project

Postby Atheni33 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:17 am

The new building looks quite different to the original drawing (somehow, the original was more organic, as if it were designed with the water organisms that inhabit the water around the building as a source of inspiration)

I like the drawing version as well. I think as I continue to build and become more proficient at blender I'll get closer to my vision..I hope :lol: My overall idea was for the area to have a coral reef feel so I started with these shell shaped extensions that looks like their growing out of the structures and I added terrace steps for dimension. Everything is surrounded by water that we can wade in and eventually I'll add aquatic plant through out. The larger area (not visible in the screen shot) is submerged underwater, which will be the most challenging aspect of this project. We will be able to observe our hatched water life and emerge ourselves in the the peaceful tranquility of the environment. The hatchery I wanted to be somewhat of a mystery and maybe a little controversial in design. Is it really a building..or something much more? :twisted:

If it happens to be an aquarium, then the wizard I’m writing will help loads here

Thats sounds cool! A little magic around the place would be most welcome. :P
Atheni33

Postby Atheni33 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:31 am

I recently decided to revisit this project after a long break so I thought I'd post a few screen shots of my progress. You may have to right click to see the full image.It's changed somewhat but I like the direction it's going. I'm still working on the build which is still very rough and I'm experimenting a lot with different textures. I wanted a organic, fluid feel like a current or waves for the floor. There are no steps in the structures which was deliberate. I felt having to jump and climb your way around would not only appeal to our group of explorers but would make one feel 'emerged' with the overall atmosphere. I Like the rusty color (still needs work) in contrast to the blue, which I think gives it a less perfect and aged feel. Still lots to do but having fun. :P
Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby Grogyan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:58 pm

Oh WOW, its looking awesome

Great work there.

It puts my pyramid to shame
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Atheni33 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:08 pm

I’ve been working on my Aquarium for a couple of days now and made some exciting progress with the build I've added some terrain which I'm having fun with. Still figuring out things though, currently having issues with lighting...need to study up on that. I’m also creating my own textures in Photoshop which has been challenging.. too many possibilities. But having fun experimenting. Thought I’d post a few screen shots of my progress.

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby SeanMc74 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:31 am

It's looks great Atheni33, I can't wait to get the tour in MOOSE / URU.
SeanMc74
KI#3801480
GOW / GOMA
SeanMc74

Postby Atheni33 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Well my project has become more of a Aquarium and less like a Museum :D . And it's grown. My build is about 90% below the ground and extended out under other builders shells, which was not good. So I've decided to put what I've built into it's own age, which I am now more convinced was for the best. I still want to keep the shells maybe for a museum. I'm attaching a few ki shots of my Aquarium Age (which I should now think of a proper name for). I have about 20% of it done. I still need to figure out how to make my elevators work, perfect my textures, and build out the hatchery. And most important the aquatic life has to be built and animated..whew! But I looking forward to the challenge and will eventually call on some help from the guild for the highly technical aspect of the build.

Origin
Show Spoiler

Atrium Pond
Show Spoiler

Observatory
Show Spoiler

Hatchery
Show Spoiler

Atrium
Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby Trylon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Wow, that looks really cool!

Does it include a history/storyline/continuity? Just asking because your screenshots look so cool that it'd almost be a shame for the age to be released without some kind of story/history/continuity to complete it....

P.S.
I'd be willing to help you out a bit on the technical side when the need arises.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:53 am

Does it include a history/storyline/continuity?
Well I have a idea of where I want to go with it. I will have some reference to the age tucked away in the office.I know it's important to have some kind of story, but I'm also a drawn to the mysterious and unexplained. I think thats why I'm such a fan of the show Lost. You think you know what’s going on then bam! Something insane happens to blow all your brilliant theories out of the water. The other aspect of all this was to have a interactive ecosystem where the explorers could participate in hatching different species of aquatic life and enjoy watching them grow and swim about. I envisioned large groups gathering here (like lighting the lake) where the most dedicated would keep track of the population and introduce new fish when needed. Now the single explorer will be able to hatch the fish but the process could be tedious for them.

I'd be willing to help you out a bit on the technical side when the need arises.

Trylon any help will be most appreciated. Thanx! :P
Atheni33

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:41 am

This is fantastic, Atheni! I agree that the confines of Ahra Pahts were too limiting to the potential of this structure. This beats the Dereno pod aquarium by a mile!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Chacal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Holy cow, I hadn't seen this. Excellent work. Looks awesome.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story