Treetop - Gateway to Odema

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Treetop - Gateway to Odema

Postby Yali » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:32 pm

Treetop is the Age which will grant you access to Odema. It's fairly small, consisting mainly of an explorable treehouse, perched on the end of a tall cut tree, which protrudes over the edge of a cliff.

Cabin view:

Map:

Basic gameplay:

You link in in a forest at the end of a catwalk, high up among coniferous trees. It is mid-day and very sunny. Walking forwards brings you to a fork. The only path forwards leads to a clearing of sorts, where the cabin presides. The other path to your right goes back into the woods where a Nexus book can be found.

The clearing is at the edge of the woods and holds the treehouse, which stands on the cliff's very edge, erect over the precipice, having been built on a tall tree marking the end of the little wood. A bridge leads to a landing built onto an adjacent tree, which connects the said bridge with a wooden suspension bridge leading to the cabin's front door.

A lookout point can be reached via a trap door in the cabin, beneath a rug. The lookout point consists of the 5 wooden pylons holding the cabin up and serving as a makeshift frame and as seats , a thatched floor connecting all, and a little round table where a small telescope on a tripod rests. The view from here is dazzling - a rich forested landscape hosting a range of medium sized mountains all covered in greenery, a bright blue sky dotted with clouds, sunlight of an incredible vividness and peacefulness.

In the cabin there is a bed and two desks. The desk near the exit holds a plate, sitting in it, a forgotten meal of Odema shrooms. The desk on the opposite wall holds the Odema book. The bed has two drawers - one which contains a necessary key. The key is what must be used to open the Odema Willow hut.
Yali

Re: Treetop - Gateway to Odema

Postby Yali » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:02 pm

Front desk chair:

Alternate pillow design:

Oh, and just to give you an idea of how long I've had this Age in my head, waiting to get out...

Treetop as depicted in its first ever depiction...from grade 3:

Wow...amazing how things evolve! :shock: ;)
Yali

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Hmm, I like the chair. Lots of detail to work off of.. looks fun. :) Wonder when I'll actually get around to modeling it. :lol:

I'm curious, what is that symbol that keeps showing up everywhere?

Oh, there's a bit of a discrepancy.. the door in the floorplan swings to the right, while on the external picture, the doorknob is on the right. Which do you prefer?
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Yali » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Swinging to the right. More mysterious. Gives the player a better view of the interior.

...and the symbol? Well, Gehn had a symbol. :? :P

Yeah, it's my symbol. I designed it myself to look very D'ni and very iconic. Notice the 5 bars? :D
Yali

Return to Art and Story