The Cavern Closure IC

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

The Cavern Closure IC

Postby greendragoon » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:58 pm

I've been recently been working on my first age called Beacon. For the most part, I haven't given to much thought to the story of the age. But as it gets closer to release, I've been thinking about how I would present it from an IC point of view.

My inspiration for making this age has kind of been spurred by the looming closing of the cavern, and the design of the age actually reflects that feeling. So, IC the age is written my by avie, a recent new member of the GoW. This is my first age and is written for the purpose of escaping the cavern. This age would act as a refuge in this dark time so to speak. I was hoping that I could write material (journals mostly) that not only cover my construction and arrival in this age, but make references to what is happening to the Uru community it the time.

This brings me to my question. Do we have an IC reason for why we're all leaving the cavern? What kind of over-arching story does the GoW have once Cyan stops telling us what is going on?
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Re: The Cavern Closure IC

Postby Owehn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:09 pm

We don't really have a definite answer yet - for assorted ramblings you can read the "Contingency Plan" storyline thread, a spinoff of the Contingency Plan thread.

Generally speaking, so long as facts about Uru come from Cyan sources, you should be fine. (For example, you can say you're part of the new GoW, because the foundation for that was laid ingame, and you can reference Uru events that have already happened. However, you probably shouldn't try to write about the future of the cavern itself, because that's still very much Cyan's territory.)
Owehn

Postby Tweek » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Personally speaking I'll be staying in the Cavern after it "closes" (UruCC instead of MOUL).
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Aloys » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:08 pm

In the end we are totally in the dark as long as Cyan/the DRC doesn't announce anything... For some reason though I have an itching feeling that the whole IC aspect of Uru has gone places.. We had essentially no signs of the DRC in weeks. Still, I'd be surprised, not to mention disapointed, if we don't get some form of closure..
As soon as we get something, just anything, we'll know how to react. If somehow there is no closing of the story then, well.. I don't know.
Last edited by Aloys on Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typos
Aloys

Return to Art and Story