Putan - CONCEPT ART COMPLETE

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Putan - CONCEPT ART COMPLETE

Postby Nek'rahm » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Message changed due to content... yea about the old Myst VI thing...

This topic is centered around my age idea: Putan - The Age of Elemental Design

Created for understanding how the four elements (earth, fire, water, air) control and react with an Age once written in.

Most of the comments below concern my old posts, check the next few pages for new info.
Last edited by Nek'rahm on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nek'rahm

Re: Myst VI: The Lost Age

Postby Tweek » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:01 am

Not to be a pain, but this concept treads heavily on Cyans IP which is a no-no.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby belford » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Rather, say this: It's a no-no without Cyan's permission. (And I don't imagine that they'd give it.)

As I said in another thread, they haven't given us rules for future Age building. I am hoping for a system that gives players lots of latitude. But when it comes to *directly* using Cyan's characters and storylines, they'll probably want to keep tight control.
belford

Postby Gorobay » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Also, Releeshahn isn't in ruins right now, so I don't know how that would work with Cyan's story.
KI: 07251794
Gorobay

Postby Nek'rahm » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:41 pm

It's just supposed to be like a fanfic... it's a storyline I came up with... no intent for Cyan to use it :(

Alright, I'm new here... so I wasn't sure if this is actually a thing to be made o-O

If I missed something... please tell me :(

I'm just a little unsure of it all... *meh*
Nek'rahm

Postby Pryftan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:44 pm

The Storytellers section of this forum is primarily designed for people to post storylines for Ages they would like the Guild to commit to writing.. pitching ideas for eventual modelling and building into a real Age accessible on MOUL someday. I have no objection to you sharing a fanfic story here, but that's why you got these kinds of responses.. people are like "What? We wouldn't be allowed to do that.."
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Nek'rahm » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:10 pm

Kay, I did some backround checking and now I fully understand what you guys do here.

Here's my plan: Myst VI is the codename for all my age ideas :P

I'll just describe the Ages and how they may fit into the storyline of Uru, okay?

I'll start with Putan... but I got a small description to explain it:

"You link into a round chamber atop a high rock. Staring out at the water surrounding you, you notice that it is strangely misty out. The water is also a turquoise color, frothing and white as waves churn amongst the rocks. Staring in front of you, you see truely why Putan is the unbalanced age of beauty that Catherine wrote only a few months after the rebuilding on D'ni began...

It's a waterfall... a waterfall spanning into oblivion."
Nek'rahm

Postby Nek'rahm » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:57 pm

Okay, did some concept art for Putan... kkay?

Here's how it ties in:

Random Episode : Ages of Catherine

With the Bahro slowly overwhelming the ages of the DRC, a few people have noticed that the Ages that Atrus' wife, Catherine, had written were not being visited by the Bahro. A few key members of the DRC were putting forward the idea that Catherine's ages were so connected to nature that the ages were protecting themselves.

The DRC therefore opened an old age that Catherine had written after the events of "The Book of D'ni." It was used to understand how the natural elements of air, water, fire and earth reacted when written in certain ways. The Age was deemed a testing ground for ideas bound for Releeshan... Until one day, someone appeared on Putan without Catherine intending it.

I'll add to this later, kkay?

~Nek'rahm
Nek'rahm

Postby Gorobay » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:59 pm

This is a good age description, but I'd be cautious with the story. We don't know enough about the bahro to say they don't like nature, and I don't think involving the DRC is a good idea because they would just say "No, we didn't restore that age." This could work if we controlled the DRC, but Cyan does, not us.
KI: 07251794
Gorobay

Postby Nek'rahm » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:42 pm

exactly my point I was gunna make :P

I'm only posing it as an idea... and we have to wait to see how Cyan responds (as well as how the DRC/Bahro fit in)

Anyway, I can work on getting those concept art drwings up sometime...

Pretty Big Summary:

Here's the thing: Putan was an age used for understanding the elements. There are direct ties to Fire and Earth, as well as Air and Water.

A cool thing about the turquoise water in Putan... the one person in Putan built waterwheels on some of the islands. The people who found the age noticed this: When the water flowed together, it stayed liquidized. When it got caught in the spray after the waterwheel kicked it up, it crystalized. This is in one of my concept sketches. Pretty much, pathways were made of metal bars and animal skin walkways are underneath these crystal "arches" made by the water.

I thought that would be cool for an age in Uru :P
Nek'rahm

Next

Return to Art and Story