Age 428 kinda long and wordy

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Age 428 kinda long and wordy

Postby Goofy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:31 am

Well every since I heard that it was possible to create ages and import them into URU CC, I been thinking of an age. I finally made acouple models(nothing great and after lots of cursing)

The age I wanted to create is age 428, OOC wise I took it from gehn, its also my birthday ;). I know that private ages aren't at the top of any list atm, but this age really isn't completely private. Only the top area is private.

Well this is where the age comes from. When the first hiatus(when prologue ended) started my character decided to stay after the DRC had left. The time he was alone waundering around the city and ages that he had access to he went into areas that the DRC wouldn't alow. Some of these areas were very dangerous and unstable(not even the DRC would go into them, heck a insane person wouldnt) he had several close calls in some areas, but one area was worth the risk for him. He found 6 books. most seems to be journals, but one seemed more like a cook book for age writing.(some of text wasn't the same as in the other books) He decided to look around for D'ni language translation(from myst stuff)on the internet. He found lots of things on the D'ni language, but for all the searching he found nothing that came close to what was in the one book.

As he looked at the other books, he was a tad discourage when he noticed that several of the books pages were wet and faded. He took them to teledahn into sharpers office and layed them out so they would dry out. He spent alot of time in sharpers offices. After acouple months he started trying to translate them as best he could. Once he was confident that the translations were good enough he read what he could.
Last edited by Goofy on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
We keep moving forward,
openning up new doors and doing new things,
Because we're curious... and curiosity keeps
leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Re: Age 428 kinda long and wordy

Postby Goofy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:47 am

The one that looked like a cook book for age writing had the name gehn written on the top of the front page and what appeared to be another name at the bottom, but it was to faded so he wasn't sure. He could only make out parts of what was on that page, but it seemed to be like a birthday card or good luck card or something simular. He decided to check out the other books and found 2 that were blank.(not saying they are linking books, just blank, also not saying they aren't either ;) ). The other 3 books definately were journals of some sort, but most of the pages were faded. All he could get out of them was something about school and a girl, which was kinda anticlimactic to what he had hoped he'd found.
He also was hoping that the 2 blank books were linking books that he had heard about and used, but knew that there was no guarantee. So not to take a chance he decided to write down age ideas in a normal notebook. To get his ideas on paper. So not to waste the blank books just in case. He used what was in the cook book of age writing. Day after day he practiced writing the symbols he saw in that book. Most he couldn't find a translation in normal D'ni text(found on the internet). After several trying months he finnally got what he thought was a good discription of an age.

As he wrote he unintentionally started thinking about gehn and his home age( you know the one where the trap book comes into play). His train of thought returned to the age he wanted and after several hours( It took most of the day into the very early the next day.) he was done. The picture he had drawn wasn't all that great, but you could see what he was trying to acomplish. he returned to his relto and layed down on his cot and went to sleep.
That night he decided to bring some food and water and even a weapon or two with him( it was a metal bat and a hunting knife) with him. Well thats if it worked. He layed the book with the pciture on the empty shelf and opened it to the picture. With a deep breath he touched the book(eyes were closed) and them he felt water on his legs.

Opening his eyed he saw large cliffs all around him and puddles of water everywhere. He was standing in one that came up to his knees. As he looked around he saw 4 large columns one was much wider then the others. He climbed up as high as he dared to keeping his hand close to his relto book. He was able to climb up onto are outcrop on the largest of the 4 columns. he saw smaller islands scattered around the larger island he was on. He noticed an opening close to the shore line. So he made the trek to the shore.
Well when he got to the shore line he saw several whirlpools surrounding and inbetween the smaller islands. He knew he couldn't swim with those out there. Even a small boat would be very difficult.

He then noticed the sky, which kinda killed his excitment. It was red as red could be. As he stood there he relized he had caused it when he thought of gehns home age. He hoped that he didn't cause anything else of gehns age to be there.

As he walked around he found a hole in the base of the largest column. He walk into it with a flashlight and looked around and notice that it was hollow all the way to the top. Then he noticed around the middle something hanging. He pulled out his binoculars and look and it looked like wood hanging from the side of the walls. As he shined his flashlight around he notice other peices all over and want seemed to be rust streaks. He look around at the bottom and didnt see any wood down there, he also didnt remember seeing trees anywhere outside, but he did notice algae growing inside the column and a very large rock stuck in the back wall of the column. He decided what the heck for his first attempt its wasn't preaty, but it seemed stable.

He linked back to his relto and decided he was going to try and turn this age into a better home(sleeping in relto is rather crowded and uncomfortable and going back and forth to the surface was getting rather anoying) He need something that wouldn't rust or decay specially since its very wet there. So he decided to take a trip to the surface. He went around to several place (hardware stores and places that sold contruction supplies) He got himself a large ladder and some scaffolding and lots of composite decking and lots of galvinized anchors. while he was out he got him another generator and some more fuel. Basicly he picked up enough supplies to build a house. It took him awhile(several weeks) to get everything just to his relto. Well after several months he started noticing people back in the cavern. Even the DRC was poping in and out. He wanted to tell others about his discoveries, but then he decided to keep it to his self for now.
Well until he got things cleaned up and made completely sure it was safe.(D'mala)

As he worked on his age he noticed it was rather hot during the day. like high 90tys( thats fahrenheit ;) ) to 100. So he attached a tarp to the wall over the hole to keep the direct sunlight off of him while he worked. He left for several weeks (to get more supplies) and when he came back all the building supplies were strung out all over the place and wet. Which startled him slightly. Well he cleaned up everything and returned to work and checked the generator. It was soaked. Well it took him most of the day to dry it out and to get it working again. the rest of the night he was able to build finish the stairs with landings around the sides of the walls half way up after awhile, but he relized that he need more supplies.

He decided to move the supplies that was left to the highest landing(including the generator). well the next day he return and continued up the column till he was able to build the first floor of his soon to be home.

Well at this point ooc wise cyan/DRC is in beta. Heres some basic pictures of what I'm trying to do.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/S ... ORPLAN.png

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/S ... rplan2.png

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/S ... mpshot.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/S ... otjpeg.jpg

the models aren't that great and aren't textured. They are just examples of what I'm trying to create. its gone through several changes since I first thought about it. He's been working on his home since just before D'mala.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that after he finished his home. he learned that the rock wasn't normally where it was. after a bit of banging with sledge hammers and chisels he was able to unearth access to a lower section. When he finnally uncovered enough area he could get through he found a lower area, but it was full of water. He's at that point at present.

Well I said it was long and wordy. The lower area is where a puzzle and other things could go. The whole age is still a mystery to him.
Edit: I decided to change the picture links, because atleast on my computer the whole picture wasn't showing for some reason.
We keep moving forward,

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 pm

ooh... I love those screenshots... it looks really kewl... sorta like the Stoneship age... or spire :D
Justintime9

Postby Goofy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Well I've been working on a house in my age(if I ever do anything with it or am able) Its not textured very well and has temp colors. Also I'm wanting to add a metal chimney for a wood buring stove and roof access from inside the house.

Basicly its work in progress.

We keep moving forward,

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Postby Chacal » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:18 pm

As a fan of modernist architecture, I like this building a lot!
Suggestion: make the green roof a real green roof, i.e. cover it with vegetation.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Return to Art and Story