I made a Cloth for TINA testing age on ULM

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

I made a Cloth for TINA testing age on ULM

Postby Jamey » Sat May 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi guys,

I've been doing some texture work and decided to take on making a journey cloth for Valdez's latest age, The TINA testing age, which can be found on ULM.

I have to say I am quite pleased with how it turned out :D

I just wanted to show you all this to show everyone that making cloths IS possible, it just takes a lot of work. ;)

Oh, and I now take cloth requests :D
KI#46415
Jamey

Re: I made a Cloth for TINA testing age on ULM

Postby pappou » Sun May 18, 2008 1:41 am

Good show, old boy. And good design too.
pappou
pappou

Postby Ruvinka » Mon May 19, 2008 8:57 am

Bravo!
That is really lovely.
I kind of like how the edge leaves it up to the viewer to decide if the border was meant to look that way or of it is frayed from age. The embroidery looks really good. I am curious... when you captured the texture was the embroidery on the cloth already or did you add that in a layer later?
Ruvinka

Postby Jamey » Mon May 19, 2008 9:25 am

Ruvinka wrote:Bravo!
That is really lovely.
I kind of like how the edge leaves it up to the viewer to decide if the border was meant to look that way or of it is frayed from age. The embroidery looks really good. I am curious... when you captured the texture was the embroidery on the cloth already or did you add that in a layer later?

Actually, what I did was take a picture of one of my cloth-like blankets in my room, and basically started taking it apart on photoshop.

I took the yellow part of the cloth and spread it out by using the cloning tool & healing brush on photoshop, and after I did that, I was left with nothing but the yellow cloth-like backround.

Then I opened up the original file again, and captured the symbol on the original cloth, and set it as a custom brush, allowing me to simply "stamp" the symbol right onto the cloth in any size or color necesary.

As for the embroidery, well that was a lot of work. I once again opened up the original reference picture I took, and selected the border, hit copy, and pasted it 4 times on the picture with the cloth, rotating each one so that they go around the cloth. Then I did some editing to the cloth edges at the corners and saved it all into one layer, and presented as what you see here :P

Whew, It took over 2 hours to make and I'm so glad it payed off since I was so exausted afterwards :lol:

I am so pleased that the cloth itself came out so well, and now that we know we can make our own custom cloths in our fan-created ages, this opens up a whole new door of possibilities.... :shock: :o
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby robbieagray » Mon May 19, 2008 3:19 pm

8-) I like it!!!!!!!
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby Jamey » Mon May 19, 2008 6:03 pm

After 3 more long hours:

(This will also be featured in the TINA testing age)

How do you guys like this one? Any ways I can get better?
Last edited by Jamey on Tue May 20, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Justintime9 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:15 am

Awesome! :D (too bad Tina testing age isn't working on ULM :()
Justintime9

Postby Ruvinka » Tue May 20, 2008 8:16 am

Wow!
Second cloth is even better!!
Well done... you can really see the time and effort you put into this.
Ruvinka

Postby Jamey » Tue May 20, 2008 1:50 pm

What do you guys think of this one? I think this cloth would be a great way to "leave our mark" in our ages :D I took the guild symbol, made a brush texture out of it, and came out with this:

Now, I am STILL NOT SURE if Cyan would approve of using this symbol in our ages, if it would a copyright infringement, I'll let you guys know when they get back to me, but until they do, use this cloth at your own risk ;)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Valdez » Tue May 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Have no fear everyone! TINA Testing Area will come soon! With the new update too (although you probably won't know what the first one looks like). But these cloths WILL appear in the age. As soon as I get a username and password for an FTP hosting site the age will be realesed. And I do think Jamey did an EXCELLENT job at these cloths and I am very happy to have them exclusively in my age (for now ;) )
Fighting, Horrible disposition to others based on beliefs... What's the point anymore? Was there ever a point? Dead is what it is and always will be until peace is achieved through everyone.
Valdez

Return to Art and Story