Tehtka - My first age idea (Rough Concept Art Included)

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Tehtka - My first age idea (Rough Concept Art Included)

Postby Jamey » Fri May 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Ok guys, I decided to post my very first age idea; Tehtka (pronounced tet-kuh). Picture this. You link into an age with endless tall, Savannah-like grass, with skies full of redish, bluish clouds. You can see in the distance and up close, that there are mountains everywhere. But these mountains are very very different than the ones on earth. The top of these volcanos have huge blueish bubbles covering the top of each volcano. Each Volcano's eruption is exactly 4 hours apart, but each erupts at a different time, not all at once, so there will always be at least one volcano erupting at any given time.

Now here is the cool part, I'll try to explain it as best as I can :P Whenever the volcanos erupt, the lava & debris hit the sides of the bubbles causing them to break out of the bubbles, and each piece of debris forms their own bubble around itself. The lava trapped inside the bubble surrounding the rocky debris-like core, gives off a redish glow. When the glow passes through the bluish bubble, it causes a faint purplish glow on the outside of the bubble. So after all of this has happened, you will be looking at a black rocky core surrounded by reddish lava inside a blueish bubble giving off a faint purplish glow. These objects I call, "Meteorobles"

Now, these bubbles will be strong enough to float up and up into the sky until eventually, it gets too high, and the bubble explodes into a huge cloud of red and blue dust, creating the redish, bluish clouds I told you about earlier :P

Here is some concept art I made. Forgive me if my drawing isn't that good, but I wanted to have a visual in my age presentation here ;) Now, please note that the redish, bluish clouds you see in the picture should be across the whole sky, I just put them in a few spots so you all could see the sky that was behind the clouds.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8800/documentoh6.jpg

So, what do you guys think? Anyone want to help me try to make this age happen? I can make all the textures for the age and direct the age production & concept, but that is about it. I need more people to model, program, puzzle design, etc. ;)
KI#46415
Jamey

Re: Tehtka - My first age idea (Rough Concept Art Included)

Postby Ruvinka » Sat May 24, 2008 8:20 am

Wow!
That sounds like it would be amazing to see!
You picked my two favorite colours too :D
It's a good first step, and certainly a place I'd like to visit to see just how it all works.
Have you researched any of the science that goes behind your unique volcanoes and colours in the age? I'll be watching to see where you take this strange new land.
Well done and please keep it goin!!
Ruvinka

Postby Jennifer_P » Sat May 24, 2008 11:15 am

Wow, sounds like a neat idea. :) Bubbling volcanos and savanna grass. I'll be watching your progress. :geek:
Jennifer_P

Postby Jamey » Sun May 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Ruvinka wrote:Wow!
That sounds like it would be amazing to see!
You picked my two favorite colours too :D
It's a good first step, and certainly a place I'd like to visit to see just how it all works.
Have you researched any of the science that goes behind your unique volcanoes and colours in the age? I'll be watching to see where you take this strange new land.
Well done and please keep it goin!!

Yeah, I've been coming up with as many theories as I can for how the age works, but as I said; I can't do it alone. ;) So, Hopefully I'll be able to find more people to help me expand the science behind Tehtka, as well as modelers, programmers, and other people who can help get the age off the ground. And I'm gonna need a lot of people, bubbling volcanos are going to require a LOT of work :roll: :lol:

I think what I'll probably do though, is put a journal somewhere in the age that gets updated with each update, which will explain the science behind the age more and more as the age grows.
KI#46415
Jamey

Return to Art and Story