Ages of Devokahn

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Ages of Devokahn

Postby robbieagray » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 am

In the Devokahn storyline it mentions how the first age contained a civilazation in it before it was converted into a manufacturing age by the D'ni.

Originally I submitted the Haya, a reptilian race to the Search for the Springs of Kelhbet story but due to the fact that the story has hulted and the Ages of Devokahn has a storyline I really like I decided to see if it would be okay if I added this interesting species idea to this project.

Below are the images I imported from the SfoSoK story meeting results.

I hope Ian01 likes this idea. :)
Attachments
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (250.49 KiB) Viewed 6184 times
Gecko%20people%20scan.jpg
Gecko%20people%20scan.jpg (113.81 KiB) Viewed 6184 times
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:20 pm

If you need any assistance with storyline/concepts I'd be glad to help out. I am currently working on two Age projects, one of which is my own, and would like to contribute to your project in any way possible. The "Ages of Devokahn" sounds like a wonderfully complex story, and I could see it playing out like the game. Best of luck to you with this project, and hope to see your Ages soon :!:

Stranger
Guild Of Writers/D'ni
http://mihrotahn-depthsofdni.blogspot.com
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby ian1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:38 am

robbieagray wrote:In the Devokahn storyline it mentions how the first age contained a civilazation in it before it was converted into a manufacturing age by the D'ni.

Originally I submitted the Haya, a reptilian race to the Search for the Springs of Kelhbet story but due to the fact that the story has hulted and the Ages of Devokahn has a storyline I really like I decided to see if it would be okay if I added this interesting species idea to this project.

Actually, I was thinking they would look humanoid. Most native populations in the Myst series were humanoid, and that shouldn't be different even on a planet apart from the one linked to.
ian1

Postby robbieagray » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 pm

ian1 wrote:
robbieagray wrote:In the Devokahn storyline it mentions how the first age contained a civilazation in it before it was converted into a manufacturing age by the D'ni.

Actually, I was thinking they would look humanoid. Most native populations in the Myst series were humanoid, and that shouldn't be different even on a planet apart from the one linked to.

I suppose that makes since I was just trying to be unique plus I thought that it would also make sense if the natives were inhuman. I could explain more on how he feared the natives. As the saying goes, I isn't what we know that scares us but usually that which we don't know. :)

So I was just wandering if you like that idea or not. If not I understand. ;)
robbieagray

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:10 am

I like it, of course I've always been a fan of non-humanoid looking species. I have some ideas for a few of my own in fact.
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Postby robbieagray » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:31 pm

Jadawin12 wrote:I like it, of course I've always been a fan of non-humanoid looking species. I have some ideas for a few of my own in fact.

Well, I am not sure about Ian01 but I won't mind hearing them. I personally think that this would be a great story to persue for when MORE comes out and Cyan allows those of us in the Guild of age Writers to create some online content for it. :)
robbieagray

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 am

Well the idea would be an intelligent ape/bat/cat hybrid that would be fairly technologically advanced and triving, but not very accessable.
Jadawin12

Postby robbieagray » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

Jadawin12 wrote:Well the idea would be an intelligent ape/bat/cat hybrid that would be fairly technologically advanced and triving, but not very accessable.

Sounds kind of like the Bahro when it comes to the description of the species anyway.
robbieagray

Postby Jadawin12 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 am

they sound it but they are furrier, lack wings and wear clothes.
Jadawin12

Previous

Return to Art and Story