Ages of Devokahn

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Ages of Devokahn

Postby robbieagray » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 am

:D I have some concept art that I can recorperate into here if you all wish. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby robbieagray » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:28 am

Ha guys! I came up with the idea of making Ages of Devokahn back story into a comic book series.

If everyone likes this idea, then we may develope a topic on this subject. Please send your replies soon. :)
robbieagray

Postby Gorobay » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 pm

di gama wrote:
ian1 wrote:
Gorobay wrote:There is one thing though: the D'ni word for "hope" is "devokan", not "devokahn". That is what you meant, right?

The D'ni dictionary that I used spelled it Devokahn, but I also saw other dictionaries spelling it your way. I'll take your word for it.

The D'ni linguist in me is begging for me to respond: "Devokan" and "Devokahn" are the same thing; just different transliterations of the same word

I know it is rather late, but my inner D'ni linguist is begging me to respond too. "devokan" and "devokahn" are not the same word, just as "a" and "ah" are not the same letter. "devokan" is spelled "DevoKån" (Dnifont), "devokæn" (NTS), or "de(h)vo(h)kan" (OTS). You should spell it "Devokan", as that is the correct spelling.
KI: 07251794
Gorobay

Postby robbieagray » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:35 am

Perhaps the comic could also be imported into the ages. Like fragments of the comic book were torn up or burned and a few of those fragments are hidden on some of these ages. Perhaps by collecting all the comic book pages it adds a full copy of the comic book in the player's Relto in the book self where all of yeeshas poems on the uru ages are. ;)
robbieagray

Postby Ramani-Rayne » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:40 pm

A comic book. Interesting idea.
I like to draw comics, though my style may be too much like manga for your tastes.

I think this is a very well thought-out story. Keep up the good work!
Future writer of Argenta (I hope)
Ramani-Rayne

Postby Whilyam » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 am

Gorobay's right, it's devokan.The A sound being the same one you use with Rand, band, sand, etc.
Whilyam

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Actually, in D'ni, the A in Devokan is pronounced AH, and the A sound in Rand, or Band is a separate letter altogether. It's pronounced like Rand when there's a little Circle over the letter. (srry to be picky, but I just thought I should point that out).

Great story BTW, I can't wait to see it's ages! :D
Justintime9

Postby Whilyam » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 am

Justintime9 wrote:Actually, in D'ni, the A in Devokan is pronounced AH, and the A sound in Rand, or Band is a separate letter altogether. It's pronounced like Rand when there's a little Circle over the letter. (srry to be picky, but I just thought I should point that out).

Great story BTW, I can't wait to see it's ages! :D

No, it's not. Devokan means "re-birth" as it's formed from d'/deh meaning "again" and vokan meaning "birth". vokan uses the same Rand A sound.
Whilyam

Postby Gorobay » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:03 am

Justintime9 wrote:It's pronounced like Rand when there's a little Circle over the letter.

That is only the case in the new transliteration system. In the old, it is simply "a".
KI: 07251794
Gorobay

Postby robbieagray » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 am

Ramani-Rayne wrote:A comic book. Interesting idea.
I like to draw comics, though my style may be too much like manga for your tastes.

I think this is a very well thought-out story. Keep up the good work!

Actually the story isn't mine. I just help the author with it. I also don't think there would be any issue at all with you helping out the comic book by drawing it in a manga like style (again I didn't create ages of devokahn so I truely am not the person who would know) just as long as it goes by the storyline.

I plan on moving the comic from this topic to its own topic (so we won't just continiuely discuss how devokahn is spelt in D'ni). ;)
robbieagray

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story