Concept art for Crystalline age

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Concept art for Crystalline age

Postby ian1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:08 pm

I have an idea for an age called Crystalline. I already have the basic premise of the age down, but I haven't thought of any puzzles or gameplay elements yet. Here is what it looks like:

The black spec on the side of the island is a person, to show the true scale of the age.

The Crystalline age, as you can see, is an island with a giant crystal jutting out of the middle. The whole island filled with different types of crystals. You can only see one variety in the picture, but there are many more beneath the island's surface. Many of the crystals are simply ordinary crystals, but there are some which bear unique and unusual properties that can be exploited. Many of the age's puzzles will be based around these crystal's properties.

The age, contrary to what you might think, actually only has one sun. The blue "sun" is actually a moon made of a highly reflective blue stone. Because of this, it shines with almost as much brilliance as the sun. The sunset in the age is constant, and the moon is always across from it (I know the sun and moon aren't directly across from one another in the picture, but that is because I wanted to show them both in the picture at the same time.)

This picture is simply to depict the age's basic concept, so there is simply the island and no man-made structures. The actual age will contain machinery for harvesting crystals, as well as crystal mines that run underneath the island. I am also considering having the island have a forested portion, but I'm not sure of this yet.

This age is part of the Ages of Devokahn storyline, which can be found here

Please comment. :)
ian1

Re: Concept art for Crystalline age

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Pertty crystals.

Looks like a place i'd like to visit

As for a puzzle concept, why not setup some wind vanes to change the tone of the wind oscillating the crystals?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Chacal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:41 pm

You should name it "the Age of Jennifer"!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Ruvinka » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only if they glow >wink<
Ruvinka

Postby Kato » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 pm

If we had real shaders, that would be pretty freaking cool to walk around in :)

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Return to Art and Story