Tahleeo Gahlpo

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Tahleeo Gahlpo

Postby Dakro » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 pm

Loopah and Jehruhth were D'ni working with the Guild of (). They two had been working on the surface break since day 1, when the operation was proposed. While the ambitions on most D'ni's mind, communication with surface dwellers, embedded in the minds of these two strong backed diggers was escape. Leaving for an age was out of the question according to the secret cult they followed, Blood is Light. In this religion one of their beliefs stated that the algae in the lake was what gave them life. For hundreds of years the alchemists slaved into concieving a stronger, more "life giving" algae. Such work was supported financially by their government, without the knowledge it was in pursuit of their religion rather than science.

Although the surface break operation ran smoothly and was choreographed efficiently, the work pace stressed Loopah and Jeruhth because they had grown used to faster paced excavations that were normally used in the expansion of their cavern. One day Loopah told Jehruhth that he needed his help, because he had been digging his own tunnel, and broke the surface prematurally. He also proposed that he had been using the area to test his new formulas, charged with solar energy from the sun. Loopah continued to test Jehruhth's tempation with promises of an indemishable food source, and a way to finally break away from their own society without sacrificing their a large fraction of mortality by leaving.

They manufactured a heavy-duty security door, and covered the secret tunnel with a series camoflauged hatches.They ended up developing their lake algae 62B, lake algae that drew itself power from electrons in the atoms around them, rather than from d'ni baked pellets. This algae emits a purple glow, rather than the familiar orange of the great cavern.

However, it turned out that Loopah's promise of an unlimited food source was his own fabrication in order to pacify the worry of this exiled cavern. Five earth days had passed and while the testing of the new algae became a huge sucess they were soon getting hungry. One day they ventured out for food and never came back.
Last edited by Dakro on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KI Number: 05407095
My modeling work:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/Dakro_album
Dakro

Re: Tahleeo Gahlpo

Postby Dakro » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am

ImageImage
KI Number: 05407095
My modeling work:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/Dakro_album
Dakro

Postby Jamey » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Hmmmmm...Do I see some of my textures in those shots? :D

Anyway, great job Dakro! :) The age looks fantastic!
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:27 am

:o that looks awesome!!
Remember though, we're supposed to be writing new ages, rather than discovering d'ni ages (that's cyan's job :D) and I believe that cyan mentioned that we can't use D'ni storylines, as that's their turf (I could be wrong)
Justintime9

Postby Trylon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:52 am

Justin: That has been recalled by RAWA's recent storyline guidelines.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Jahmen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:47 am

Justintime9
Remember though, we're supposed to be writing new ages, rather than discovering d'ni ages (that's cyan's job ) and I believe that cyan mentioned that we can't use D'ni storylines, as that's their turf (I could be wrong)

Trylon
Justin: That has been recalled by RAWA's recent storyline guidelines.

Really? Could you post recent storyline guidelines thread & forum please? I constantly try to learn what can be done and would be allowed by Cyan. I thought our Age Stories could make reference to Story canon facts, but could only use them to support or within or as part of our story as an off shoot to canon. Like mention a guild that wasn't known or part of canon story. Your Lake Algae story theme that has 2 characters experimenting and changing the lake Algae Color and sustainability by other means within another cavern lake unrelated to the Uru Cavern, right? I think it could be crafted around cyan story canon, without actually infringing upo it. :o
Jahmen

Postby Trylon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:38 am

One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Return to Art and Story