A program for windows, similar to Garageband for the Mac

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

A program for windows, similar to Garageband for the Mac

Postby Jamey » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi guys,

I was planning on trying to make my own music for my ages (in addition to some help from others). Now, when I was in school a few months ago, I was always using a Mac in my Digital Media Arts class. I found out how fun it was to use Garageband on the Mac, and made some really good Music. But, now that school is out, I can't work with Garageband at home since I have a PC.

So are there any music programs out there that work like Garageband that can be used on Windows/PC?

EDIT: Any program you guys would recommend me to at all?

Thanks a million all! :D
KI#46415
Jamey

Re: A program for windows, similar to Garageband for the Mac

Postby Kato » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 am

It's not similar to GarageBand at all, but Adobe Audition has tons of stuff for recording. Lots of effects. Very cool.

Personally, for synth stuff, I use Cakewalk Music Creator, but I'm not very good at it, heh, I leave music creation to other talented people :)

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Pryftan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 pm

I use Reason 4 for synth/samples and Sony Acid for mixing and recording. I've never used Garageband though so I'm not sure when it comes to similarities.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Calam » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:32 pm

Mixcraft 4 is alright as a sequencer, although it's a little too heavily loop-based for my tastes. Sony Acid is good too but it is a bit more complicated. I don't recommend Reason unless you plan on really learning how to use it, or if you have prior experience with hardware. Reason 4 simulates a hardware environment, so if you've only ever used GarageBand, you can get a little lost... And it's not a sequencer. But it's a really solid program once you know what you're doing.
Calam

Postby allatwan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am

Jamey wrote:Hi guys,

I was planning on trying to make my own music for my ages (in addition to some help from others). Now, when I was in school a few months ago, I was always using a Mac in my Digital Media Arts class. I found out how fun it was to use Garageband on the Mac, and made some really good Music. But, now that school is out, I can't work with Garageband at home since I have a PC.

So are there any music programs out there that work like Garageband that can be used on Windows/PC?

EDIT: Any program you guys would recommend me to at all?

Thanks a million all! :D

Where can you download it? Or is it a software you need to buy from a shop, supermarket, or something?
-Allatwan, Uru and Riven fan. Yes, I am aware that I am very new here and don't know much about age-writing, but I'll try put up something not too lame around here.
Shorah! Peace to everyone, Dn'i, Ahrotahn, Bahro... have a good day!
allatwan

Return to Art and Story