The Company

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: The Company

Postby ABguy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Could always throw them in for good measure. Or the Men in black if we wanted to get wacky... But I don't :P

In the next few days I will be adding some concept art to the ideas I've posted thus far. My interest in doing that is to get people thinking about what I've posted. If it generates enough steam I would like to open it as a project forum. I welcome any constructive comments anyone wishes to share.
ABguy

Postby ABguy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Here are the images I promised.

Goheven Major looks like what is depicted below. (Note: this is not the final draft)

Show Spoiler

Then Goheven Minor. (Note: this is not the final draft)

Show Spoiler

Now for a wider look at the Goheven Age. The planet inside is Goheven Minor, the final name for it is not depicted accurately.

Show Spoiler
ABguy

Postby robbieagray » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:28 am

I kind of like this story compared to the first draft. I must say that even though we may only have four ages we should include at least two D’ni locations as well as more information on the Bahro situation. Like we could have records of Bahro sightings in some of the four new ages as well as a few areas damaged by the Bahro Nekisahl. Thus creating some new and interesting puzzles for the game environment as well as shed some light on the Bahro story. Now I’m not saying that in the story we resolve the issue with the Bahro but rather acknowledge it.

Also if you like you could use my character as a filler in for the person who hands the book to the Charleston group. It could be that Robbieagray was being blackmailed by the Charleston group for some reason. Maybe Robbieagray hacked some DRC files and by some mysterious means the group found out and forced him to give them a book otherwise have the information come out and Robbieagray be exiled from the guild (true is that I have an account on both the guild of Maintainers and the guild of Writers). Perhaps later in the story Robbieagray has to help the guild with the Charleston group situation in order to redeem himself from his past sins, and maybe in the end he ends up paying for it.

We should also refer to other ages in UCC in order to bring the story home. Like the could be documents that discuss the Charleston group’s plan to make a base, resource gathering site on the ages Eder Gira and Teledahn but these plans were later canceled due to the DRC’s protest and the resentment of other Explorers.

Now I am not sure precisely if you are saying that you only want there to be four ages because your storyline only has four ages or if you don’t have anymore ideas for other ages and don’t won’t to work on making more. If you need any more age ideas just simply ask. I am sure that there are plenty of others out there who wouldn’t mind seeing there own ages seen under the hood of this storyline and would be glad to submit age ideas that they may have already created.

There are also other people here in the GoAW who would like to see their ages in an upcoming “Expansion”, “Module”, or Shard. So would it be all right if other ages were featured in the same Shard as yours but weren’t necessarily having any connection to the storyline. Perhaps they could have side stories that could move right beside your own story.

And if you need creature ideas or concept art for any of the creatures in one of your four ages just PM me or post a comment.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby ABguy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:31 pm

I've completed the storyline, the beginning; the setup of events that brings the Charleston Group into the cavern and into the ages. The middle which contains more information about how it all happened, the tension between guild members and how the public reacts to the extraction of resources. And then the end... Which I've decided to keep to myself. Suffice to say, I've figured out a way to make all things work out nicely. As for the inclusion of other ages, I've kept it down to only 4 primarly because I believed it would be easier.

If in the development of the story, and the inclusion of other characters and players into the require it I don't think it would be bad to have more areas. Offices and whatnot or D'ni working area's that the "writers" or "characters" would inhabit would make sense if people are willing really help put those areas together.
ABguy

Postby robbieagray » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:43 pm

8-) Okay thats cool. I must say that when I first read your story I didn't really think very highly of it as a storyline, but presently I have seen it grow beyond my expectations. So just so you know i am not trying to usurp your storytelling abilities, I am just trying to help out any way I can at present and the best way I can do that is by drawing concept art and by working on story ideas. :) So if you need any concept art just ask me and i will try to move as fast as i can draw them and scan them into my computer.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Previous

Return to Art and Story