Creating a seamless skydome texture

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Creating a seamless skydome texture

Postby electroglyph » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:24 am

I'd be happy to. I've never used any wiki before. Just a little concerned about where it should go or if the group thinks it's wiki worthy before I do.
electroglyph

Postby Trylon » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Just make a new wiki page for it, and add it as a tutorial on the main page :)
It certainly is wiki-worthy ;)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby J'Kla » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:50 pm

OK One year on plus so I will see if I can hack a new headding onto the Wiki there is the bit on "Adding Atmosphere" but I recon we need a Skydome heading and we need this stuff in there too. (I know it may allready be there, but if it is it's not easy to find)

Part of this entry was to bump it back up the forum to make it easier to move. ;)

I have extracted it and will now work through it as a noob adding editorial and tweeking text to eliminate troublesome punctuation (not your fault electroglyph) The result will remain nominaly electroglyphs.

If in the course of events I find I have come late to the party please accept my appologies now I am not adverse to coming late to any party. :D
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm

OK. I have added a new section to the Wiki called Sky and added links to the Adding Atmosphere page.

I have also added a new page on electroglphs stuff and dumped the text into it over the next couple of days I will endeavour to add the graphics :)

OK. Quick and dirty images added now for the fllow up where I try to understand it and add some editorial. :D

Without doubt this is electroglyphs work all I have done is a quick hack into the wiki
J'Kla

Postby Mekeretrig » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks for the tutorial! This will definitely come in handy!
Mekeretrig

Postby rivenwanderer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 pm

I was going through the newbie tutorials on the wiki and wondered if I could use a similar procedure in Blender, starting with Blender Panorama Maker Python script. I tried it, and had some black seam artifacts (probably some imprecision between the 3 pieces of software's calculations), but since they were easy enough to take out in the Gimp, I think it's at least safe to say it's possible. I hope my interjection in the the tutorial on the wiki is understandable and not too much of an interruption :) (Since Blender's gotten the Sky and Atmosphere lamp settings, it seems like a potentially useful source of skydomes now)
rivenwanderer

Previous

Return to Art and Story