Looking for classic ambiance

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Looking for classic ambiance

Postby Kierra » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:28 am

Hm, sorry pyftan, I think the piece you created is a little more than I'm looking for. :(

I'm looking for a much slower piece.

I hope someone else will find use for it though, its a great piece, just not what fits my gallery.

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Kiril » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:57 am

Kierra wrote:Hm, sorry pyftan, I think the piece you created is a little more than I'm looking for. :(

I'm looking for a much slower piece.

I hope someone else will find use for it though, its a great piece, just not what fits my gallery.

~Kia

Kierra,

COuld you be a bit more specific about your gallery? What's in it? What mood are you trying to create? Think in terms of creating a set for a play -- how do you want the room decorated --bright colors, dark colors, pastels, modern furniture, victorian style, etc etc. How do you want your gallery "decorated" sound-wide (aurally)? I know some of this is highly subjective, but still there's some quantifiable aspects to it.

Kiril
Kiril

Postby Pryftan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:28 pm

I did violin and cello with MIDI files in Reason, and then recorded the guitar over that. So yep, three tracks.

And Kierra, like I said, it's perfectly fine if you don't think it fits.. I'll find somewhere to throw it =) and I'm not done trying! I'll whip up something different and this time focus on a slow keyboardy thing.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Kierra » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Victorian is probably the closest to what I'm looking for. Something classical, slow, pondering and soft.

You know the Library music that plays when you approach the Library in Ae'gura? There is a piano piece in that.

What I'm looking for is a piano piece that is sort of similar to that, something that can be played in a loop.

:)

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Kierra » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Here are some screeinies of the room I'd like some music for:

I hope that helps ya get a feel for the spot :)

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Kiril » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 am

It does it does. That is awesome. How did you do that? Is this something that can be viewed somewhere on the net?

Kiril
Kiril

Postby Pryftan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:46 am

Well, do you have any plans for releasing Aerie (or a proto-Aerie) through ULM, Kierra?
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Kierra » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Yes, I do plan on releasing it on ULM. I've never loaded an Age there before, so I hope it is easy.

It may be awhile though until I can do so...there are still some vital things in the age I need to work out/come up with before I'll feel comfortable showing my age...

if I can't think of that stuff out on my own, I may just load it to ULM, and ask people for help :D I haven't got an actual story-line for the Age, just a general idea, so sometimes I hit snags in design concepts.

There are more pictures of the Age in my photobucket album here :)

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Kiril » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:56 pm

Well, it looks good. Do you see this developing into an age we'd create here at the GoW?

I hate to be ignorant, but what is ULM?

Kiril
Kiril

Postby Kierra » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:31 pm

ULM (Uru LIbrary Manager) is a tool created by Trylon used to download and upload fan-made ages to your offline version of Uru: CC. You can find it here. :)

As for making Aerie into a group project, I don't know. While I certainly would love help with areas like Python (I'm atrocious with Python), storyline and Artwork to replace the ones in the Gallery, I've always been something of a lone wolf when it comes to Age building so I don't know how well I'd work with others.

With help, Aerie could be finished faster, but then again, fan-created Ages in Live is still up in the air anyhow, so who knows what kind of time line we're on.

If anyone is interested in helping with Aerie, I certainly wouldn't say no, but group projects is a whole other bag of apples :D

~Kia
Kierra

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story