The Writer's Niche Project

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: The Writer's Niche Project

Postby Jamey » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:51 pm

Guess which room got new table top textures? :D

Show Spoiler

Here is the logo in case you are interested. I took the original logo and put it through Photoshop, did a layer effect and got:

Show Spoiler

Also, I have hired an awesome musician to do the music for my age named Turjan :) So you guys can expect amazing music from my age now
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Jamey » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:48 pm

I decided to add something artistic to my age today:

Show Spoiler
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Jamey » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:53 am

Ok guys, I need some help with ideas to be put into the classroom, here is what I have so far:

Show Spoiler

I was thinking of putting bookshelves into the Classrooms, but I'm not sure since I already have plenty in the Library.

What do you all think?:
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Corvus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:13 pm

How about a blackboard with some writing or drawings on it. Or some maps showing landscapes, or sketches of plants or animals?
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby J'Kla » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Flip chart. Writing desks rack with large bottles of ink. Large cutaway diagram of the ink beetle.

Diagram and model of a chemistry experiment attempting to produce synthetic ink.

Map of the site describing offices.

Model of the pellet machine.
J'Kla

Postby Jamey » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:46 pm

If I'm going to be making diagrams of things, should they be on the sides of the room? I was thinking of putting a giant KI imager in the front of the room to serve as a blackboard. I'm hoping down the road, the GoW can figure out how to implement working KI imagers into Fan ages, such as the ones found in the guild pubs.

These ideas are extremely good! Anything else? :)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Chacal » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Look for pictures of designer workshops. Show designers, architects, research labs.
You'll see piles of papers, coffee cups, trash cans, models, dry-erase boards. It's never neat and ordered, it looks like it's being used by people who have no time for cleaning up.

Now for a classroom, strictly speaking, there would be no permanent project stuff and the cleaning lady would tidy things up every night. But a workshop would be way cooler.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Jamey » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:20 pm

so what you're saying is that I shouldn't add anything that would not be permanent to the room? I'm not sure I understand.
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Chacal » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm

What I mean is you should determine if this is really a traditional classroom, like the ones you have in your high school, shared by many classes, or rather some kind of research room, which is still used for teaching but is used only by one class, so they can leave their stuff in there between classes. You'll find these kind of rooms in higher levels of education (like in universities) or in technical courses (say, a cabinet maker's class). I think classrooms for Writers would fit better in the second category, which is more interesting anyway because of the many interesting objects you can stuff in it.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ametist » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:48 am

I've followed you here Jamey, but didn't feel I had something to add before - but now you're asking about classrooms! That's my 'cup of tea' :) (since I'm dwelling in one at work...)
First, like others have said, you have to decide which sort of classroom it should be - lectures for older students with their own notebooks? Or is it a room for studies and experimenting? That decides the furniture and surroundings.
Personally I just love the classrooms in the Harry Potter movies - I would love to teach in one of those!! :D
And another thing, very personal though, I don't like the floortexturing - makes me feel a bit nervous ;) Couldn't you place a dark-green carpet in there instead, green is calming you know ;) And some nice pillows to sit on? Please? :)
ametist

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story