Re-envisioning Uru, musically!

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Re-envisioning Uru, musically!

Postby Turjan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:48 pm

:shock:

so... Great thanks for this ... compliments ... i'm touched really !

i understand the general idea (i hope to understand !) and the creation of the "Minor Guild of Musicians" it was in this idea ... to give the "Tools" (like free software for running some Virtual instruments) or make some performance with instrument needed ...

a Musician is not forcely a good composer (and vice !) or, Often, the Musician hav'ent the good instrument to express his ideas (the instruments are very expensive!)

This guild of Musicians could be a place for sahring Ideas, Knowleges, Talents and Compétences, and why not Build the tools we have needed (Thinking "Open Source" ;)
for exemple: i work on différent sounds of "Maralobe" with accoustic reed (oboe and Duduk) i can make some "Loops" or make a "sounds Bank" (like a letter Font) for a free VST

a Freeware like MSI (music Studio independance) can make EVERYTHINGS !!! that could be our base of Sharing ...

Together we can make some beautifull music !
Turjan

Postby robbieagray » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:19 pm

I think we should have a song that represents what the Bahro have gone through ever sine their introduction to the Myst universe. however instead of using words we shall use musical notes.

Just an idea.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby Tayrtahn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:05 am

robbieagray wrote:I think we should have a song that represents what the Bahro have gone through ever sine their introduction to the Myst universe. however instead of using words we shall use musical notes.

Just an idea.

I like this idea. It would be interesting to establish some musical themes that could be used in many Ages. There's a lot of this in Myst and Riven... even blends of multiple themes like the Sirrus and Achenar themes blending with the Age-specific themes. I get a little chill down my spine when a piece of the K'veer theme shows up in a newer game, for instance.

I believe Uru has a "Yeesha theme", but I never really notice it too well. Minkata also makes good use of similar songs as you progress through the different parts. There's a lot of potential for narrative in music, and we could do some cool stuff there. Themes for characters, Ages, animals, weather... clever use of themes could really help make the user-created content feel more interconnected.

Something to think about.
Tayrtahn

Previous

Return to Art and Story