Creature/Civilazation idea

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Creature/Civilazation idea

Postby GPNMilano » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 am

robbieagray wrote:
GPNMilano wrote:
Tweek wrote:That last one looks like some Bahro/Human hybrid >.<
Well, the Watcher's prophecies did say that Yeesha would have a child... :lol:

I am not sure that is really funny...

Come on, its a little funny...
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Marcello » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:01 pm

One key question.... is it possible yet to do advanced bones or skeleton animations on models like this?
Marcello

Postby robbieagray » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 am

GPNMilano wrote:
robbieagray wrote:
GPNMilano wrote: Well, the Watcher's prophecies did say that Yeesha would have a child... :lol:

I am not sure that is really funny...

Come on, its a little funny...

No it is inter-species sex, bringing forth a hybrid (which truely isn't possible through the form of reproduction on its own. or so says science)... eewwwww! (runs to the bathroom before throwing up half way there)

Also when I was think that the D'ni created a hybrid I meet through gene splicing no through an improper form of reproduction between D'ni females and Bahro males (assuming the the bahro seen in the series are all male).

Anyway... does anyone have some images that they think would be good for a civilization or creature?
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby robbieagray » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 am

Marcello wrote:One key question.... is it possible yet to do advanced bones or skeleton animations on models like this?

I am unsure. You may what to ask Jennifer_P (assuming that I spelled her screen name right and that I actually know what I am talking about, which I am uncertain right now).

Sorry for double posting.
robbieagray

Postby GPNMilano » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:15 am

robbieagray wrote:
No it is inter-species sex, bringing forth a hybrid (which truely isn't possible through the form of reproduction on its own. or so says science)... eewwwww! (runs to the bathroom before throwing up half way there)

Also when I was think that the D'ni created a hybrid I meet through gene splicing no through an improper form of reproduction between D'ni females and Bahro males (assuming the the bahro seen in the series are all male).

Ah yes but you are forgetting Robbie that literally all of the Myst lore is filled with interspecies mating. Anna was a human, who mated with a D'ni, (a different species) and procreated Gehn, D'ni/Human hybrid. Who then mated with an american-indian (Keta) and they had Atrus (D'ni-Human Hybrid/Human mating) Atrus then married a Rivenese woman (Catherine) and had three children. So Yeesha herself is a D'ni-Human-Rivenese hybrid. She is, for all intents and purposes her own species in of herself now that her brothers are both dead.

We don't really think about it cause the D'ni, Rivenese and Human people all look alike physically, but they are all different species, from different worlds. The only difference between them, and the Bahro, is physically the Bahro look more alien then the rest.

On the other subject:

No Marcello, bone animations are not currently working in PyPRP (as far as I know). They're on my list of things to look into, mostly cause I have a big need for them on the horizon, but I haven't really looked at getting them implemented yet.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby robbieagray » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:24 pm

GPNMilano wrote:
robbieagray wrote:

Ah yes but you are forgetting Robbie that literally all of the Myst lore is filled with interspecies mating. Anna was a human, who mated with a D'ni, (a different species) and procreated Gehn, D'ni/Human hybrid. Who then mated with an american-indian (Keta) and they had Atrus (D'ni-Human Hybrid/Human mating) Atrus then married a Rivenese woman (Catherine) and had three children. So Yeesha herself is a D'ni-Human-Rivenese hybrid. She is, for all intents and purposes her own species in of herself now that her brothers are both dead.

We don't really think about it cause the D'ni, Rivenese and Human people all look alike physically, but they are all different species, from different worlds. The only difference between them, and the Bahro, is physically the Bahro look more alien then the rest.

On the other subject:

No Marcello, bone animations are not currently working in PyPRP (as far as I know). They're on my list of things to look into, mostly cause I have a big need for them on the horizon, but I haven't really looked at getting them implemented yet.

True, However all of the characters previously mentioned were humaniod and therefore the are just considered different breeds of human. While what you are preposing is like a cat mating with a dog. The don't go together. And even if they were able to mate and breed the offspring wouldn't be able to breed with either humans, bahro, or bahro-human hybrid.

To make it truely stable the hybrid species would have to be able to breed with each other to continue their race. That is where DNA splicing comes in.

One idea is that we could have an age where these experiments were preformed secretly. there could be papers and journals about the experiment and skeletons of the hybrids that were incapable of further breeding. Meanwhile the age could be inhabited by the hybrids that were able to breed and survive. Perhaps they are a tribal race.

Here is another image. Good luck. :)
Attachments
Tutanhkamun_jackal.jpg
Anubis in jackal form.
Tutanhkamun_jackal.jpg (54.55 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
robbieagray

Postby CrimsonMatt » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:29 am

I always thought the costumes that doctors wore to ward off the plague were really creepy. Here's a more dramatic picture of one that an artist drew:
Last edited by CrimsonMatt on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonMatt

Postby robbieagray » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:04 am

Ha that is actually a pretty cool drawing. Maybe we could have a race of humanoids that wear a simular suit on there planet due to toxins within the environment. Maybe a mining suit or something.
robbieagray

Postby CrimsonMatt » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:05 am

robbieagray wrote:Ha that is actually a pretty cool drawing. Maybe we could have a race of humanoids that wear a simular suit on there planet due to toxins within the environment. Maybe a mining suit or something.

In fact, I think the costumes were supposed to be close to that, because I think they believed the bird mask protected them from catching the plague from patients. Or something?
CrimsonMatt

Postby robbieagray » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:49 pm

CrimsonMatt wrote:
robbieagray wrote:Ha that is actually a pretty cool drawing. Maybe we could have a race of humanoids that wear a simular suit on there planet due to toxins within the environment. Maybe a mining suit or something.

In fact, I think the costumes were supposed to be close to that, because I think they believed the bird mask protected them from catching the plague from patients. Or something?

Well, the raven and crow have always been viewed in ancient times as symbols of death and the afterlife. So I can see why they would believe such a thing.

for those of you who don't know Egger Allen Poe wrote a poem called the Raven which had to do with his wish to die and be at peace with his dead lover(or so I translated it). There was also a radio show called the Raven which had to do with some supernatural events being solved by a detective of sorts.
robbieagray

Previous

Return to Art and Story