Some Work

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Some Work

Postby TomahnaGuy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 am

I can only find 3 pieces of Uru artwork that I've done. They were originally sketches, although due to the crapiness of my scanner, I've coloured them (albeit also badly) and uploaded them. I'll get the originals in better quality if wanted but for now:

Show Spoiler

An image of Kahlo Pub or a D'ni Pub before the fall from the outside.

Show Spoiler

Concept for a little guy called a Mangrap to be in the age below.

Show Spoiler

Concept of an age called Pedesta. Sorry for the scan quality again. :?
TomahnaGuy

Re: Some Work

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:29 am

Those look pretty cool, especially the last one.

The last image intrigued me, so I opened it up in Photoshop and fixed it up (made it darker so you can actually see what it is):
Show Spoiler

What's the idea behind Pedesta? Floating islands? The stuff at the bottom of the picture - is that...land? water? clouds?
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby TomahnaGuy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks for the enhancement. :)

Pedesta is an 'lighthouse on the cape' scene. The stuff at the bottom of the picture are trees with a path leading back to a fence (the fence isn't visible in the picture but it's where the trees end and encompasses the cape) also a small crater in the clearing. Behind the lighthouse is ocean.

The idea behind the age is that the lighthouse generates it's own electro-magnetic field that reacts with the rocks to make them float. The lighthouse is sealed when you arrive but through doing a puzzle on the door (4 symbols - found by analysing the genetic patterns of the rock) and entering them into the door panel let's you in. After that you go upstairs and adjust the levers to increase the repulsion of the field expanding the rocks' orbit. You can then jump on a rock which will take you to an observatory in the sky which includes a puzzle to lower it back into to ground level and once completed a reward item.

Edit: I think I'll draw up another, clearer Pedesta image tomorrow.
TomahnaGuy

Postby Denton » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 am

They look pretty good man, keep up the good work.
Denton

Postby TomahnaGuy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 pm

I did a quick sketch for a map of Pedesta, showing the layout of the island and how the floating rocks work.

Show Spoiler

I've also done a concept for another island age. This age is called Nebera. It's a building on the edge of an island that is a mix of D'ni and Tomahnan architecture. The building was originally setup by a D'ni meteorologist as an outpost to monitor the extreme weather conditions that pass over the island and the effects they have on the plant life on the island. Due to the delapidation of the island since the Fall the weather has eroded the stand that the building was perched on and the building is now tipping over the edge of the ocean below. The gondola line to the mainland has also been destroyed by a storm. I haven't worked out the puzzles for this age yet (apart from to find out what happened to the meteorlogist) but I made a concept (which I'm now colouring with ink pastels) and an extract from the meteorologists journal.

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
TomahnaGuy

Return to Art and Story