Taygahn - Concept

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Taygahn - Concept

Postby ardent red » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:32 pm

You could have lights running along the ground in the maze, that turn on for a few seconds and show a small part of the correct path if the player has been in the maze for a long time? That way, people who need help would just get little nudges, which wouldn't ruin the experience for people trying to puzzle it out themselves.
ardent red

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:20 am

That is a possibility. Though something of that caliber would be sometime down the road, I am not at the point where I can put in animations such as those needed for the lights. For not it would probably be easier to put a map in spots so that people can stop and look at it if they want to know if they are going in the right direction.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Winna » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:09 am

A more subtle response than the map might still be along the lines of the lights - instead of lights, have some scrap of fabric tied to a hedge branch here and there to let one know they're on the right track. If you expand it further in the future to another location besides the ruins, you could use a different color with perhaps a pictograph on it, to differentiate the path. That way, unless you want it to blow in the wind (I think a hedge would be too small for a canyon effect though) you don't really have to animate it, and you can make it subtle and occasional, thereby retaining maze difficulty.
Winna

Postby Aikijitsu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Foot prints perhaps? A trail of bread crumps wouldn't last. I'd eat them all. :lol:

Winna's ideas are pretty good too. Maybe omeone used a piece of cloth to tell him how to get back out.
Currently Learning Blender: 0%
Aikijitsu

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:17 pm

The lights are not possible at my current level. Thats not to say I would not do them it just right now I don't have the know how to do them.

Footprints might be possible, I might still add a Map at points, just in case someone misses the footprints.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby Aikijitsu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

I.Brattin wrote:The lights are not possible at my current level. Thats not to say I would not do them it just right now I don't have the know how to do them.

Footprints might be possible, I might still add a Map at points, just in case someone misses the footprints.

Just about an hour ago I had a suggestion for footprints. If the ground is grassy for the most part, just put patches of dirt and/or mud with footprints. That way it's not leading, but just suggesting.

To go even farther(some day) place two different types of footprints. The explorer has to decide which footprints lead to the way out and which one leads to a dead end every time.

(Sorry for all these suggestions. I'm not trying to oversee anyone's project. I've been creative like this for a long time. . . . Too bad m artwork sucks)
Currently Learning Blender: 0%
Aikijitsu

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:36 pm

It definitely sounds like an interesting idea though, having two sets of footprints.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby I.Brattin » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:34 pm

I have uploaded all my screen shots for all my ages to photobucket.

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss276/IBrattin/

Their seperated into albums, albums are listed on the left side. There is one album for each age and one for a Hood in the Cavern.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby Winna » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:35 am

What's the status of those Ages, Brattin?
Winna

Postby I.Brattin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:11 am

Well if we use the old DRC system of release

Ohshahnihn - One
Yaeviev - Three
Tahgahm Jehru Hood - Two
Aquh - Three
Taygahn - Three

Ohshahnihn is still in the beginning phase as I still have stuff that needs collision, and some texture issues need to be resolved and/or changed.
Yaeviev - Currently has no way of getting between the islands short of Flymode currently. When I get books added to the age then I will be ready to release Yaeviev and Area 1 of Tahgahm Jehru.
Tahgahm Jehru Hood - Area 1 is pretty much ready, all I need to do is add books back to Yaeviev. Area 1 is a Basically a Balcony link with no way down to the Hood itself. Area 2 the Hood itself is a little ways off currently.
Aquh - Well I could release this one now but its kind of lacking. All there is right now is the building. But since it is a Memorial Age I still have to add the Plaques. And since it was originally an Eder I still have to add Plants and Trees, benches and what not. I probably won't release it till I have the trees, plants, and benches done.
Taygahn - I have some work do still on the Maze but the primary areas of the age are mostly complete.

Now once I get approval for my FCALs then I will see about releasing at least Taygahn. While I could release Yaeviev, the age can be explored with the use of Flymode, I will likely hold off till I implement books.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story