An Age Idea...

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

An Age Idea...

Postby Dreshanda » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Well, here's just a little scene I came up with while waiting my turn to take a test for school, lol. I do have a few more doodles that go along with this one, but they aren't really finished yet. So, here it just the one! http://dreshanda.deviantart.com/art/I-W ... -134154230 Pardon the fact that it is a link, I just didn't feel like uploading the image here...it's kinda late and I'm pretty tired. :oops:
I haven't came up with a name for it yet. Though, since the rest of the Age is kind of like a water garden, I wanted something to do with water...and maybe music. Possibly the waterfalls could hit a set of rocks just right, and make a specific tone or song. Or, maybe the wind blows through carved stone shapes and makes a tone. And, maybe as a puzzle part of the age, the tones could unlock a door. I haven't really thought out the whole history of it all yet, I just thought of the design one day.
I will keep updating this as I come up with histories and pictures :) I hope everyone likes it!

There is a fairly long description that goes with it, which I will post here.

You take one more step on the small, stone path, and accidentally startle a pheasant-like bird. It was more colorful, though, with purple and blue hues, mixed with red. Even the grass it flew out of had a slight purple hue.
Looking directly in front of yourself, there is a small pond, with a strange flower in it. It almost seems like a type of lily, crossed with a type of tree. The stalk of the flower was rather thick, and seemed to have bark on it. A few scattered leaver were also in the pond, also resembling lily pads, but with three splits in the leaf instead of just one.
You glance to your right and notice a small bush, with just a single, wispy leaf on the end of each branch. The branches themselves were rather thin, but there were enough to make the bush seem full and alive. The leaves have a slight shimmer to them when the light hits them just right.
Looking again in front of you, past the pond, there is a tree. It oddly resembles the bush, except a larger, less wispy version. The branches are thicker, and the leaves are more broad.

If all the world is beautiful, then what is man?

Colds only suck if you don't blow the snot out...
Dreshanda

Re: An Age Idea...

Postby Jadawin12 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

I think it sounds really cool. The carved stone shapes sounds really neat, I could imageine being able to adjust different obalisks of stone with holes in them and by placing them in certain positions it would make certain sounds. I'd think of more but my brain is frying at the moment. At anyrate good luck on this
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Postby Dreshanda » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Alright, so I totally thought of something new for this. I also made some designs for the stone things. I need to complete the sketches...but I'm pretty sure that a detailed description will sum most of it up! :D
As I've already mentioned, it's kind of like a water garden, Various different types of flowering plants, colorful fish, and then the stone pillars (which I've decided will use the water to make sounds). Also, lots and lots of waterfalls, maybe with some fun, hidden things. ;)

Anyway, ya know the intro part, me describing the first little scene there? Yeah, forget all that. You're in a kind of crater in the ground, hundred foot sheer cliffs all around you. They aren't intimidating at all, especially with all of the vines and trees with bright flowers climbing up and hanging down and around. Various assorted waterfalls also are coming down, filling in multiple small ponds and streams. It seems like a miracle that the whole area isn't flooded. Underneath each waterfall is a stone pillar with various multiple notches where water flows out of. Stepping close to each of these pillars, you notice that there is a soft whistling sound, almost as if someone is playing a flute, but with a bubbly sound. If there weren't so many different flowers, you would stop and inspect them all too. But alas, there is too much of this too take in all at once.

Also, I've decided that maybe behind each waterfall is a door or a container that is opened to reveal either a linking book, or maybe (in one of them) a diary/journal of the previous owner describing why he wrote these ages, and what the purpose of each of them is. Although...I shall save that bit of history for another time. I really need some sleep :cry:
Shorah, farewell, and good night!
If all the world is beautiful, then what is man?

Colds only suck if you don't blow the snot out...
Dreshanda

Postby Mogwaii » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:25 am

hmm,

i could see these tunnels with steal leaf shutter openings and some console to control them. like when you press one button it opens up the wind pipe for that one allowing the wind to flow through it. or could do same thing with the waterfall.
if it's very windy, the apearance of the age should reflect it. I don't know what you imagine the age to be, so i can't say much there. i wonder what the water source might be.
This seems like a cool game. So from this room I can go anywhere I want? Kirel? Sure I'll go there. Hey, free T-Shirts! Ah ha! This must be the best one, it's farther away! Hey, cool website! So what exactly is an age?
Mogwaii

Return to Art and Story