Core Experiment : Core Theme

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Core Experiment : Core Theme

Postby griffinps3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:37 pm

You have very good points Xindhus and actually before you ever posted I thought about that and how it could be copyright ans so I changed the background story a lot. I now would like to say that this age has nothing to do with cadish. There also no d'ni rebels but scholars instead. They wanted to study the stars at a very close view and at then find out how to channel the stars energy. There was also a civilization prior to the scholars arrival.

To also add to the story a bit more I am developing two journals ( one for a scholar and one for a villager ) as well as a chain of letters between to friends who were native to the age.

I would also like to note that these scholars might just turn out to be native to core and not d'ni. Also the attuner might not ever even make it. This is because I have recently sent a request on these subjects and more to Cyan so I may get them aprroved so I may use them.

Even if these things don't happen I'm sure I will be able to make a better alternative.

Thank you again for allerting me of that because I could of got myself in some deep doo doo there!

Also as a final note let me remind everyone that anything to do with Kadish IS NOT INVOLVED!

Note: If you wish to see the letters and journals I spoke of earlyer go tohttp://www.theuruprojects.weebly.com and then go to archives.
Griffinps3 - Head Core Producer

" Once upon a time there was a lovely little sausage named Bauldrik and he lived happily ever after. The End. " - Blackadder
griffinps3

Postby griffinps3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 pm

I would just like to notify everyone that now my website has a slides show feature and my images are much more visible and the letter is much more easier to read.

" Once upon a time there was a lovely little sausage named Bauldrik and he lived happily ever after. The End. " - Blackadder
griffinps3

Postby griffinps3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Here is a photo of a new room in Eurfin that I have drawn. It is the library as you most likely suppose. If you notice the floor tiles you can see numbers. This is part of the subtle clues used to attune the main attuner.

CoreLibrary.jpg
CoreLibrary.jpg (103.95 KiB) Viewed 5835 times

If you wish to see the explanation on the floor puzzle just go to my website and look in core landscapes and rooms.

griffinps3

Postby Jojon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:55 am

On the attuner not making it, I don't see why Cyan would object to alternative, altogether different to their own, ways of linking - quite the contrary.

Hmm, with the way there is talk about the quantum nature of linking, your's sounds rather string-theory-y, given the whole attuning thing, so you would have a take on linking from a slightly different angle and this might give you a decent scienceoid explanation for the destruction involved in your story (although I'll admit I haven't read up on it): feed enough power into the device as it is resonating with a world and disaster ensues through increasing oscillations, or so we may postulate. :7

Beware of the multiverse Deathstar. :P
Jojon

Postby griffinps3 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 am

Thank you for the comment Jojon.

To answer your question about the destruction of the age: Id just like to say that everyone died from not the main attuner but from a large rebellion staged my Delfer. If this srews up any of my storyline anywhere especially on my site , please tell me so I can fix it.

Let me note that people knew about this rebellion ahead of time thanks to Eddler which explains how some lived.

griffinps3

Postby griffinps3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:37 am

I have recently finish a new concept. This is the Eurfin scrollery and the puzzle should be easy if you have knowledge of D'ni numerals.

The puzzle involves walking onto the 8 plates on the floor in a specific order. You find this out by reading one of the notes on the table which just has a bunch of numerals written on it. The note also contains a scribbled message by a rebel villager. This message states that there is a pattern of three didgets, two, and then three again and these groups of numerals are separated by two insignificant numerals. Now if you look on the paper you should notice that these groups of numerals all line up as degrees on a compass. Now all you have to do is use the degrees to step on the plates in the correct order which will then open up a passage which leads to an elevator to the library and a scroll case with a main attuner direction on it.

If there is any thing you don't understand just tell me.
CoreArchive.jpg
CoreArchive.jpg (113.78 KiB) Viewed 5804 times

griffinps3

Postby Linger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:19 am

You're getting much better at drawing. :)
Looking to move your age from the Story stage into the Concept Art stage?
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Portfolio | Current clientele vacancies = None
Linger

Postby griffinps3 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 pm

I have recently made some maps for the interior of Eurfin. Here is the main floor map.

coremapmain.jpg
coremapmain.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 5766 times

Now you all know that i am not the best photographer and I do not have a scanner so please... Don't get on me about how you can't read the key.

Ill describe it to you instead.

The line with the two vertical lines represent a door.
An area with diagonal lines covering it represent a hidden area which can be found by activating a switch of some sort.
A shaded area represents a pit. Supposedly bottomless.
A area with a thatched "criss cross" pattern represents a bridge.
A little square ( on the map with the given size most appear as little circles or bold dots.
A circle with a cross hairs pattern represents an elevator ( all lead down to residential floor ) ( most appear as large bold dots with the given size )
Any symbols over a room ( ex. flower , pick/sword , circle with lightning bolt. ) represent that this room has a specific purpose. These symbols are also shown on generator puzzle 3.

Let me also note that is a room has no symbol and is on the residential floor it is most likely a study or a bedroom.

Let me also note that there are lines that are less bolder than others on the main floor map. These represent areas on the residential floor only accessible by elevator. ( the library is one of these )

here is the map to the residential floor. You may notice that two rooms are connected by a secret passage. These would be the rooms of Delfer and Edder. Let me also note that the key to the main floor also applys to the residential floor.

coremapresidential.jpg
coremapresidential.jpg (78.1 KiB) Viewed 5766 times

If there are any questions plese let me know.

griffinps3

Postby griffinps3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:18 pm

You guys all know my website right? Well guess what. I finally UPDATED! We are now going from black to brown! (audience) Woo Hoo! In other news I made a help center where you can report problems or loose ends and sutch. The home page also has a form to help me hear your oppinions! Be sure to check it out sometime. I hope you guys like it.

griffinps3

Postby Oliver Knowles » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 am

Good to see you're still active :)
Oliver Knowles

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story