Core Experiment : Core Theme

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Core Experiment : Core Theme

Postby griffinps3 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Hey, I was recently thinking about time on Core so here are my notes. They talk about core's time in relation to ours. Also check by my site cause the journals are done! I just need to start uploadinng

timenotes.jpg
timenotes.jpg (98.76 KiB) Viewed 6506 times
Griffinps3 - Head Core Producer

" Once upon a time there was a lovely little sausage named Bauldrik and he lived happily ever after. The End. " - Blackadder
griffinps3

Postby Linger » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 am

How does the gravity of the core and the star affect this arrangement?
Looking to move your age from the Story stage into the Concept Art stage?
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Portfolio | Current clientele vacancies = None
Linger

Postby griffinps3 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm

You know I never really thought about that linger. Hmmm. I guess the stars gravitational pull may be affected by another or something. I really wish I knew for sure right now!

" Once upon a time there was a lovely little sausage named Bauldrik and he lived happily ever after. The End. " - Blackadder
griffinps3

Postby Linger » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Perhaps the star is only partially in the same phase of existence as the core, allowing it's radiating light and heat to penetrate to a degree. This would make for an intermittent and surreal show of light and heat.
Looking to move your age from the Story stage into the Concept Art stage?
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Portfolio | Current clientele vacancies = None
Linger

Postby Kemy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:12 am

One of my current Age ideas involves large floating islands, but I couldn't think of what to place them in or what makes them float, I never thought of a "space" like or Link Void medium. Nice idea, but as the others have said, maybe another civilisation of your own would be better, maybe a world broke up and fell into the fissure but unlike being ripped apart like Riven, large islands were pulled in and survived, rattled and broken, but largely intact in the void?
MO:ULa #00365471
Age Concept Designer / Storyline developer
Kemy

Postby griffinps3 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am

actually kemy. its been a while since i started this and already zeroed out the star fissure and the fissure attuner due to copy write issues. I also have my own civilization including the dni scholars. Maybe you should read the journals on my site.

griffinps3

Postby griffinps3 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:14 pm

What is a theme exactly? A general idea? A story? Story is what I'm looking for right now because if this ever goes through cyan positive there will defiantly be a story! As of now I've planned three other ages that I will work on once cyan gives me the OK for Core to be released and these ages, boy they will be good. These ages are Tesahno Rehm, Ironwood, and Tempest. Lets spend some time talking about them, shall we?

Tesahno Rehm

This is the age where the Core scholar ran off to in search of refuge but instead got a fist full of homesick. It consists of many limestone islands jutting out of placid sea. In the sky is a beautiful sunset, never moving due to the planets rotation. Here you find your first linking book to Tempest.

Iron Wood

This age was where an insane Core villager went to in search of the scholar. To his shock he wasn't there and there was no book back home. This age is made up of many metal towers coming up out of the sea. Each contains its own tree attempting to grow. This age was used by other scholars for plant research. Here you will need to find ways to maintain and grow the trees in attempt to reach another book to Tempest.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Why would you need to go to both ages if you only need one to reach Tempest? Well, in each age there is vital information that is needed to solve the final age and find the outcome of the scholar and the villager's journey.

Tempest

The great finale. Tempest is a stormy age ( as you might have guessed ) with constant winds and rainy torrents whipping across the giant stone crag you link in on. Here is where you find out what happened to the villager and the scholar. Visits to both Ironwood and Tesahno Rehm are required to solve this age.

Hope you like the ideas and wish me well with cyan!

griffinps3

Postby Kemy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:18 am

griffinps3 wrote:actually kemy. its been a while since i started this and already zeroed out the star fissure and the fissure attuner due to copy write issues. I also have my own civilization including the dni scholars. Maybe you should read the journals on my site.

Sorry, I was having problems with my browser yesterday and the first page was the only one displayed, I didn't see the newer entries.
MO:ULa #00365471
Age Concept Designer / Storyline developer
Kemy

Postby griffinps3 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Hey I'm back again. I know I've been gone for a while and I KNOW you all miss me. I am trying to come up with new concepts and blender work as well as get in contact with Cyan and above all else, conquer school so I've got alot on my plate! Also, to show you guys that I am not a blender caveman I have made my first real "thing". Yeah, I know it's a pawn but those are nice and easy for beginners. I would also like to give some credit to the many youtube guides that have been helping me! The site probably won't be updated for a while eather but ill try to add some things. So, yeah don't think I'm gone and just remember that I'm just working on other things. I really look forward to getting all my age concepts finished for the Core series ( 4 ages ) and I hope you do to.

See you in the Cavern!

Griffinps3

pawn.jpg
pawn.jpg (601.33 KiB) Viewed 6436 times

griffinps3

Postby griffinps3 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello once again! I have decided to try a new drawing style and as an example I'm going to use my Tempest theme image. I would like you guys to tell me if I should keep drawing like this or go back to my old ways. Also i would like to inform you that I'm getting a new laptop soon which means I can run blender and Uru at the same time. ( I'm using a mac right now ) This also means that now that I have a basic idea for all my concepts that I'm going to get off my but and finish that blender book I got for Christmas and finally get this project going for real! If you have any questions just post or pm me for you may not here me for a while unless i finish the journals or my Tesahno concept.

See you in the cavern!

IMG_2118.JPG
IMG_2118.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 6396 times

I just noticed that when I uploaded this it was monstrously huge. I'll post a smaller one on my site behind the tempest linking book.

griffinps3

Previous

Return to Art and Story