The fissure attuner

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

The fissure attuner

Postby griffinps3 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm starting a project for my new age , Core and I believe I should post the first thing you will need to reach the age. The fissure attuner is meant to be placed next to a star fissure and , like the viewer in rime uses crystals to focus on an age but this also turns the fissure into a link and leaping in would lead you to core instead of the cleft because you attuned it to a different age. I will post the picture below.
Attachments
fissureattuner.jpg
fissureattuner.jpg (69.08 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
Griffinps3 - Head Core Producer

" Once upon a time there was a lovely little sausage named Bauldrik and he lived happily ever after. The End. " - Blackadder
griffinps3

Re: The fissure attuner

Postby Yali » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Great design! ...and what a brilliant concept! What Uru needs more of is the Star Fissure. Imagine the player falling in and navigating the expanse towards a dark patch. It could be the gameplay/visual experience that Riven didn't expand upon. Just what happens after you fall into the fissure? What would the experience be like?
Yali

Postby Atrion » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I really like your design for this. Are those crystals sticking out each end? Any other concept art as in other angles, mounting, etc.
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby griffinps3 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Heres an image of what the attuner looks like from the top and bottom. Please ignore all the little lines is they distract the eye because i made them to create an aspect of a cone. Also yes those are crystills. There sort of purplish indigo color if you wanted to know. The crystill the attuner is made out of is also what the core tower Eurfin if made out of.

fissureattunertop-bottom.jpg
fissureattunertop-bottom.jpg (192.97 KiB) Viewed 5656 times

A way you would operate the attuned would first to be to jam it deep onto the ground next to the star fissure. the you would position the five sliders on the middle to match the coordinates of an age. Then you could crank the top and bottom half with the D'ni numerals to help bring the image in the little screen into view. Then once the image was near perfect you would lightly flick the top crystal to create a sound reverberation. Then you leap into the fissure.

To answer Yali's question once you fall into the fissure you would see the stars and the darkness and if you would look up you would see that crack in the earth gently fading away. Your vision would then become cloudy , you would see a flash , and then be linked to another age.

" Once upon a time there was a lovely little sausage named Bauldrik and he lived happily ever after. The End. " - Blackadder
griffinps3

Postby Atrion » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 pm

So from your instruction you provided, you need to find a Fissure to be able to use this device? I thought perhaps it would create/summon a fissure for use with the Device.
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby griffinps3 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Thats a good idea but I think it would be more usefull for it to possibly close up afte you have used it because you dont want permanent holes in the ground everywhere. Other wise I see your point and will reconsider this in development.

griffinps3

Postby Atrion » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Even with your suggestion of it closing behind you there is still the problem of the Tuner being left behind once you have 'linked' but then again I assume that you need specific codes/puzzle etc to be able to launch and operate it.
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby griffinps3 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 am

Would if it fell in with you?

griffinps3

Postby Atrion » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 am

It going with you could work, but then there would be the problem of it hitting the ground and breaking. Also it would be of no use to you then in the new location unless the Tuner did summon/create a fissure.
-Atrion Darnay-
Atrion

Postby griffinps3 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 am

Thats sort of what im saying. It could still create a temporary fissure in the new age. Also i thought it wouldnt break becaue in riven when you jump into the fissure at the end wouldnt you be dead in exile if you did land with a crash in an age? I always thought it would somehow set you down gently or already have your footing.

griffinps3

Next

Return to Art and Story