Need Blender Help With MC Ecshers Relativity

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Need Blender Help With MC Ecshers Relitivity

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:13 pm

I noticed the cone slides just as easy up the stairs then down the stairs its seems like a ramp in both directions. but again if the stairs have a five inch rise with a hight of seven stairs the AV is only 3' 1" tall unless im missing something. in the case of the stairs at 45 degree's walking up a ramp at a 45 degree angle should not be that difficult, in fact their is a table in the Pub (the Pub near the Great Stairs) that got knocked over and is at a 63 degree angle and can be traversed just as easy as a stair well at a 30 degree angle walking up and down. So at least thats not a problem. In theory it is possible to convert to Uru Live assuming these are the only issues.

in any case this project seems to be causing to many problems and the way it looks its more then likely to be dropped. It was loads of fun producing it in AutoCad its just a shame no one wants take it to the next level
I just wish I had time to learn blender sufficiently to do it myself.

Thanks for trying
Last edited by Karkadann on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Aloys » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:30 pm

Karkadann wrote:if the stairs have a five inch rise with a hight of seven stairs the AV is only 3' 1" tall unless im missing something.

You are correct. I was just being european and mixing up my metric/imperial units systems. :)
Stairs are actualy half a Blender unit high. Blender units = 1 foot; but half a foot is not equal to 5 inches, but 6.
So if I'm correct Cyan stairs steps should be 6 inches high.
(Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I noticed the cone slides just as easy up the stairs then down the stairs its seems like a ramp in both directions.

Yes; that's because cones and other 'kickables' behhave bifferently than the avatar. It's beacause of some mathematical relation between the speed of the avatar, the gravity and the angle of the stairs.. I always found that to be quite annoying. It's even worst if you try running down a stair in Uru: It's a bad idea (just like in real life, heh).

in any case this project seems to be causing to many problems and the way it looks its more then likely to be dropped. It was loads of fun producing it in AutoCad its just a shame I cant take it to the next level

At least you learned a couple things. :)
I think I'll continue working on it a bit over the next week; I'll have some free time and I'll see how far it can be taken. We may not stay 100% faithfull to the original image, but it's still an interesting little project that could be completed quite quickly
Last edited by Aloys on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aloys

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:51 pm

So with a six inch rise to the stairs, and the AV being about seven stairs tall that would make the AV about three foot five inches tall

and if the info about the AV's being 6 foot tall, with the stairs having a six inch rise that would make the AV's about 12 stairs tall.

any how enough with all the details if you wanna give it a try I believe kaelisebonrai still has the file, unfortunately this site has a 256 KiB file limit or I would make the file available on this post for any one to download like the Smoky Quarts file. If anyone knows of a site I could use to host the file...............
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:27 am

after doing a bit of research It seems the stairs in the various Cyan ages are different sizes (which you can see for your self using fly mode and a bit of creativity or by simple observation) I may be wrong in this but a simple look-see should answer that question. The AV's are any where from about 7 to 9 stairs tall which unless my observations are incorrect makes them about 5' 2" eye's are blue :D

as far as the Relativity project If you look at his sketch you will notice that the run and the rise are the same because person #1who is walking on the run of the stairs and another person #2 is walking on the rise of stairs person #1 is walking on. So the run and the rise hasta be the same or it will offset the whole thing and really look kock-eyed. So the forty five degree angle of the stairs is a necessity to achieve the effect of the three planes intersecting

Originally I had planed on making each of the three planes out side of the intersection. Three age's within themselves and the relativity would be the intersection Unfortunately Im told a 45 degree angle would be to difficult to traverse in a virtual would such as an Uru age.

Im still open to ideas but it seems at this point Relativity is gonna be put on indefinite hold, Until I find the resources necessary.

Again I would like to thank every one for their input and comments, it ashame it just wont work out
Karkadann

Previous

Return to Art and Story