Need Blender Help With MC Ecshers Relativity

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Need Blender Help With MC Ecshers Relitivity

Postby Karkadann » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I cant wait to kick a beach ball around in their. I could just imagine with the three different planes how it would react.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Linger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:25 pm

...like a bouncy magnet in a clothes drier?
Looking to move your age from the Story stage into the Concept Art stage?
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Portfolio | Current clientele vacancies = None
Linger

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:40 am

I really hate to do this, but, I'm thinking I'll have to say "I don't think I can do this" :<
Hopefully someone else with more skills at age development can help you with this... :<
If no one else ends up helping, and I end up figuring things out a little better, then, sure, I'll go ahead and do it, but, that is unlikely.

I don't think I really have the drive to handle more than a couple of concurrent projects at once. (I currently have about 3, maybe 4. :<)

If all changes, i'll hopfully get around to checking this one out more fully, but, for now, I'm just looking at the model and going "my head hurts".

Sorry :<
kaelisebonrai

Postby Karkadann » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:54 am

It was not an easy one to do in AutoCad either like I said in another thread (I think I bit off more then I can chew, maybe I'll just gnaw on it for a while) 65 hours and 52 minutes later I had more or less what I sent you. and most of that was figuring out how to correct some mistakes I had noticed some I couldn't figure out like the Radius on the two arches, and based on a eight inch rise for the stairs one of the door's is still only about 5' 4" and im still not sure if that high enough for the AV to fit threw, I was actually gonna try to use the Subworlds blender file copy and paste the various planes, but when I try and export it for an Uru age it does not seem to work.

When you have to much on your plate something usually suffers, if you have several projects going at once I think it best to put this one aside for now.

looking at the wire frame actually gave me a head ache.

if you have any suggestion as far as any one with some time to spare Blender just aint my cup of tea

thanks for trying

the future has not yet been written
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Aloys » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Karkadann wrote:based on a eight inch rise for the stairs one of the door's is still only about 5' 4" and im still not sure if that high enough for the AV to fit threw

Indeed, male avatars in Uru are 6 feet tall.

I did a bit of work on this picture too lately, and I find that the bodies in Escher's picture are slightly oddly proportionned. After a bit of estimation work I agree that the stairs are around 0'8 or 0'9 tall, which is way too much: stairs steps in Cyan Ages are 0'5" high. -> The characters in the original picture are much shorter than the Uru avvies.
That means that some liberties will have to be taken: Either the stairs have to be re-proportionned, or other things have to be adjusted. Whatever solution is chosen in the end it is not possible to stay 100% true to the original picture.
(if you are interested the result of my quick and dirty work can be downloaded here.)
Aloys

Postby Karkadann » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Well I could redo the stairs and increase the size of the door ways the rest of them are 6' tall I think

any way thanks that was actually the info I needed. Hmm so I need to scale it up for the doors and scale it down for the stairs......hmm start from scratch??
Nuts the whole Idea behind this was Ecshers Relativity and beyond the sketch, Im gonna hafta gnaw on this one some More. I really should have inquired about the rise and the run of the stairs and the AV hight before I started.

Live and learn
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:08 pm

OK I might be able to change the run and rise of the stairs and maybe change the angle (its at a 45 degree), it would mean reworking the whole thing.

OK I can reduce the rise of the stairs to 0' 4" keep the run at 0' 8" which would change the angle of the stairs to about 22.5 degrees, extend some walls and floors x2 walls , which would also make it a little larger the doors should be no problem and it should look more or less the same.
or perhaps changing both the run and the rise of the stairs to 0' 4" or 0' 5" to maintain the 45 degree angle......hmmmm

Also as I recall from pushing cones up the stairs the stairs are not stairs at all their actually ramps, so Im not sure what difference it makes. all that really hasta be done is to adapted it for a 6' 0" AV. which can be done by scale ing it to the right size
Karkadann

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 am

In this pic the AV is seven stairs high, with a five inch rise it would be 3' 1" with an eight inch rise it would be 4' 8" or a nine inch rise would make it 5' 3' tall
with a 6 foot AV the stairs are about 10 inches high
Last edited by Karkadann on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karkadann

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Karkadann wrote:Also as I recall from pushing cones up the stairs the stairs are not stairs at all their actually ramps, so Im not sure what difference it makes. all that really hasta be done is to adapted it for a 6' 0" AV. which can be done by scale ing it to the right size

Only going up. The transition from step to step is smooth like a ramp. But when you head down those same stairs its not as smooth.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Aloys » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 pm

In Cyan Ages stairs steps are almost always 0'5" high, but they use a straight ramp has a collision mesh to make walking up the stair smoother. (the fact that walking down the stairs is not as smooth is a different problem - something to do with the physics engine)
That ramp's inclination is usually at 30° maximum. Above that number the avatar starts having difficulties walking. (using higher friction setting for the collider might help above 30° but I haven't tried it).
Also: stairs without a separate ramp colliders work too, but only at 0'5" and bellow. 0'5" is the maximum height an avvie can walk without having to jump. So a 30° stairs with 5" inches steps works, but it is quite jittery to walk on it.
Aloys

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story