age i've been meaning to make

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

age i've been meaning to make

Postby Crrash » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:30 am

back when everyone started to make ages with blender, i did too. i had this one cool idea which was mostly inspired by things i thought were cool in the myst universe. I had made big parts of it, but then i lost everything.
since i probably wont find much time to make it (and let's face it, it wouldn't be very good if i made it :P) i thought i'd leave my idea here and maybe others could do something with it.

the sketch i made right now:
the basic idea is that there is this big circular waterfall much like outside the spheres in ahnonay, but much deeper. like a big hole in the ocean.
near the edge of the waterfall on opposite sides are islands on top of rock pillars, which themselves have waterfalls that fall to the ocean below. both islands have mountains which are placed in a way that if you stood on one of those islands it would be impossible to see the other island, nor the waterfall. basically each islands has land in the middle, encircled by mountains and water.
in the middle of the hole is a thin pillar, which goes either up to ocean level or even almost as high as the islands, on top of which is a small platform. the platform has a roof made to look like four big leaves. also it has a pedestal for a linking book which may or may not be there. bridges (made out of wood?) lead to each island.
farther down is a slightly bigger platform. stairs, which go around in a big circle from the top platform, lead there.
even farther down is an even bigger platform, to which you get from the middle platform on stairs that also go in a big circle. basically seen from the top it would like the stairs form a circle and an infinity symbol inside of it.
from the lowest platform you can see a hole in the waterfall, created by protruding rocks (really big rocks, come to think of it. some small ones wouldn't do much). if you jump to the hole you end up in a cave

i had the idea that getting to that cave would require to activate a bunch of mechanisms, for the rocks to come out and maybe even the stairs.

the story was something about two scientists testing a group of people on each island who don't know about the rest of the world, and they'd meet at the linking platform to discuss results and debate approaches and so on. they had full control of those people including what they ate. Later on they simply disappeared, and those people alone on those islands just starved and died. something like that. requires work
Last edited by Crrash on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crrash

Re: age i've been meaning to make

Postby Linger » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Isn't it great when there's a reason behind abhorrent disregard for ethical treatment of living things that's not an invisible and usually omnipresent scapegoat?
Anyway - now that's out of the way, I think this is a great idea, the geography is reminiscent of many fantasy novel covers from back when they hadn't yet been done a million times over... those were the days... my point is 'good work!' or something much like that, I want to make a painting (digital (of course)) with this theme... but I'm quite tired at the moment so probably just 'soon'.

Keep in mind that even if you can't create the age, you can always expand on your ideas for it... passionate delivery of your ideas will get the constructive attention they deserve.
Looking to move your age from the Story stage into the Concept Art stage?
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Portfolio | Current clientele vacancies = None
Linger

Re: age i've been meaning to make

Postby Crrash » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm

:P i'm tired too, just wanted to throw this out for now. i hadn't really thought about it for a long long time. Maybe i'll think of a more elaborate and exciting story when i've got more time.
Crrash

Return to Art and Story