Pen and Tablet

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Pen and Tablet

Postby Linger » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 am

Aloys wrote:I think it's very much like people who have their mouse sensitivity settings set very high so they only need to make very small movements.
Good point.

ZURI, due to the delicate nature of tablet surfaces and stylus nibs I would strongly suggest a new tablet, additionally, I can't see tablets as being something you would sell very often unless it has something wrong with it. (Much like a sandwich griller - stored in the cupboard until you wanted to use it.)
Looking to move your age from the Story stage into the Concept Art stage?
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Portfolio | Current clientele vacancies = None
Linger

Postby ZURI » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:44 am

Aloys"[quote="Aloys wrote:(like me) who enjoy smaller tablets...
[/quote]

I think it's very much like people who have their mouse sensitivity settings set very high so they only need to make very small movements.[/quote]

:| That's me. Noone can seem to use my mouse settings.....

But, if you have a larger tablet, can the sensitivity be adjusted... like mouse settings?
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby Aloys » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 am

The entire area of Tablet usually represents the entire area of the screen. If you put the stylus in the top left corner of the tablet it will appear in the top left corner of the screen; and if put the stylus in the bottom right corner of the tablet it will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen etc.. So there is no 'sensitivity' setting.
But there are some drivers options that have a 'mouse behavior' mode, but I've never used it much.
Aloys

Postby ZURI » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:11 am

So, I take it there isn't a "zoom" utility that would set the draw area of the tablet to a pre-defined area of the screen? If not, then I feel I should probably get a larger tablet. I can imagine how hard it would be to draw a line that's 4 inches on the tablet and 18 inches on screen. The amount of steadiness required would be huge. How you folks make your textures look so nice is mindboggling to me :). Python is starting to sound easier. :lol: J/K.... That was a stretch....
ZURI

Postby Linger » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:15 am

ZURI wrote:So, I take it there isn't a "zoom" utility that would set the draw area of the tablet to a pre-defined area of the screen? If not, then I feel I should probably get a larger tablet. I can imagine how hard it would be to draw a line that's 4 inches on the tablet and 18 inches on screen. The amount of steadiness required would be huge. How you folks make your textures look so nice is mindboggling to me :). Python is starting to sound easier. :lol: J/K.... That was a stretch....

Zoom does exist with some tablets, though it's rendered useless because you can just zoom with your painting application and retain the access to the toolbars.
(such as [Ctrl]+[+] / [Ctrl]+[-] for Photoshop CS4 with a standard 104-button keyboard on Windows.)
Your steadiness comment is spot on in terms of small tablet to large screen, because if you did zoom in, you would see that your 18 inch line is easier to draw realistically however it extends past the edges of your viewport and monitor by a meter in each direction.
Rich developmental concept art for your age, for the price of a place in your credits.
Linger

Postby ZURI » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 am

Ohhh, so no matter what I do, the draw size of the tablet resolution will still be concurrent with that of the screen. Hmm. It's gonna have to be a big tablet then.
ZURI

Postby Linger » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

A dilemma indeed.
To resolve it without buying a very expensive tablet you could possibly sit farther from the screen while using it.
Linger

Postby ZURI » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm

:lol: Good tip.
ZURI

Previous

Return to Art and Story