D'ni Blues

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

D'ni Blues

Postby Jadawin12 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 am

So I've been thinking about this for a while and I'm working on an Age I would love to have recordings of D'ni Blues in... The only problem is as far as I know there is no such thing as D'ni Blues, But I for one believe that the D'ni's Blues movement could have happened long in the past most likely during the Plague years before dying out. Anyone have any ideas or opinions?
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Re: D'ni Blues

Postby BAD » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 pm

You may want to research things like dirges and requiems. Then try to infuse some bluesy aspects into them. Would be an interesting mix I think. Like maybe playing a guitar or other string instrument.

This was kind of neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvN0LzXxrI

Maybe a little too rockin...... :twisted:

I would be interested to hear what you can find or come up with. :)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Jadawin12 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Hmm well I do know the D'ni were rather classy and I don't want to change that... But right now I want to combine...

Achenars Stoneship theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqM2qJX_LjA

With "When the Lights go out" by the Black Keyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KwiyiFk ... re=related

But maybe I'm a little crazy...
Jadawin12

Postby BAD » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

:shock:

That would be amazing. :D

We have only seen a very small picture of the complete D'ni culture. Yes, I would think they were more of a somber people, living in a cave and all, but I'm sure they had ways to cut loose even if it may not have been anywhere near as uninhibited as us humans.

What I would like to know is what kind of instruments they used, and the sounds they made.
BAD

Postby Jadawin12 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Thank you! I try and you've been very supportive of all my Age ideas so far which is also appreciated. Yes we really have only a small snippet of D'ni culture mainly right towards the end. But the D'ni were around for Thousands of years so much could have happened in that time. Hmm I think I should put up a revised story of my Age and the whole nine yards including music puzzles and storyline.
Jadawin12

Postby BAD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:46 am

Well, I am once again trying to inject new ways to create in the GOW. Your posts are going right along with the kind of thinking I would like to see. So maybe my timing is better this time around? :D
BAD

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am

Well from what I read of your posts (such as that Writers IC one) you are doing a great job. It is time to shake up the GoW hopefully it will catch on...
Jadawin12

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:29 pm

well, considering the writers "IC" post is not really a shake up but rather a "lets get together and work on something we can have a general consensus on how we got started, IC" and generally is most people agreeing generally on the same system, just not necessarily its implementation... I'm not really sure it does need much of a Shakeup. Especially not one by the chap that... well, when he was a moderator on these forums, bred resentment among the members of the forums, and has said directly that he judged how "good" his moderation was, by how much of an outcry there was (the more the better...)

Nothing against you, BAD, but, I remember the time when you were a mod, and it wasn't a good time for the Guild, in my opinion.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Jadawin12 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:43 pm

...And what do you think of D'ni Blues?...
Jadawin12

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Love 'em ;) Was just responding to the bit of post that I can make the most informed comment on ;)

I actually quite like the music BAD linked to, especially. The comment regarding the dirges, etc, is spot on, as well. =P
kaelisebonrai

Next

Return to Art and Story