Vogokh Oglahn (D'ni for Ancient Nature)

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Vogokh Oglahn (D'ni for Ancient Nature)

Postby Chacal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Good work, Jamey.
Maybe it needs a little contrast in the lighting, there seems to be a uniform green fog everywhere, but maybe this is by design.

You need to advertise your Age outside of the Artists forum, I only came here by chance.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Jamey » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks Chacal! :)

Yup, I put a link to this topic and the download link both on the GoMa site under General Discussion, and the MOULa forums under Fan-created Ages (General)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 am

To be honest, I would've thought this entire thread belonged in builders >.>

Interesting Age - I didn't get to look far, as I broke my client a bit, and went to bed after fixing it >.> (basically rebuilding the install from (near)scratch =P)
kaelisebonrai

Postby dendwaler » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:04 am

Nicely done Jamey!
Technically seen all is in there ,
"clicking" for opening books, doors, etc.
You used sitting, wavesets and sounds.
Different texturing technics, even animated.
Python scripting
You covered it all.
I think you reached quite a lot in 9 month.
Promising for future projects, because now you can concentrate more on the artistic then the technical aspects.

Kudos!
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Jamey » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks so much dendwaler! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoy it! It means a lot hearing that after working on this for about 3/4 of a year. I did try to throw in a little bit of everything in the age, mostly so I could test myself and see if I could do it. I learned a lot while making this age, and I still plan on learning more when applying updates to this age.

The way I look at; Ages are never completed, they are only abandoned. 8-)

I'd like to add some kickable objects in the next version, but I have already made kickable rocks in previous ages I've made, so I want to try a...new and different...kind of kickable object.... ;)

That, and I'm probably going to take Tweek's advice and rescale the textures on the plants a bit.
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 pm

A nice age, Jamey :) I wonder if we will ever find out about what these monuments/statues spread in the age mean. Being able to climb up and watch others running around down there is awesome, too :D

I found a technical issue though: When I sit down on the chair in the link-in hous and then click on the Nexus book and link, the avatar behaves really weird in Nexus. It moves about 3 times as fast as usually and bounces back in a weird way. Looks like the client does not like linking out while sitting...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jamey » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:19 pm

diafero wrote:A nice age, Jamey :) I wonder if we will ever find out about what these monuments/statues spread in the age mean. Being able to climb up and watch others running around down there is awesome, too :D

I found a technical issue though: When I sit down on the chair in the link-in hous and then click on the Nexus book and link, the avatar behaves really weird in Nexus. It moves about 3 times as fast as usually and bounces back in a weird way. Looks like the client does not like linking out while sitting...

[IC]
Thanks diafero! As I said in my journal, I don't know a whole lot of the history behind this place. That's one the the main reasons why I decided to show this age to the public, so that we can find more about this place, and why the D'ni abandoned it so quickly. I'll update the journal with any information I (and perhaps other explorers) find though, so if something new is discovered, that's the place to check :)[/IC]

As for the bug with the nexus while sitting...wow...never heard of a bug like that before. :shock: I'm clueless on that...
KI#46415
Jamey

Previous

Return to Art and Story