Eder Gi-tsah (formerly Fire Tower)

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Eder Gi-tsah (formerly Fire Tower)

Postby Ranting Thespian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Well, the age I started working on months ago has completely been changed in many ways. Also, it is now no longer my age, but our age. The team of Tay-nah, consisting of me, Connor and AgeExplorer/Writer (a possible Chloe in the future).

The age name is now Eder Gi-tsah, and now in the fiction the writer's name is Tay-nah. The thought is now that this is only the first of the many projects under Tay-nah. Hopefully if MOULa gets going, more ages will be added. The story for the age has almost gotten to the point to be chiseled into stone. You will learn about the history and the characters through translated diaries of Tay-nah as found by the DRC, as well as decipher from visuals you will come across. So far the age has 2 puzzles in the form of locks. More puzzles might come up if needed and if they will compliment the age. Our focus on the age is to bring you as realistic yet fantastic visuals, things to interact with that will keep you coming back just to look, and a story rich in D'ni history, sadness, and despair.

So far, here is the latest part of the tower. All the textures and colors are holding places for now.
Attachments
image 1.jpg
image 1.jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
image 2.jpg
image 2.jpg (137.62 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
image 3.jpg
image 3.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
Ranting Thespian

Re: Eder Gi-tsah (formerly Fire Tower)

Postby Ranting Thespian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:32 pm

And 3 more:
Attachments
image 4.jpg
image 4.jpg (178.13 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
image 5.jpg
image 5.jpg (176.16 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
image 6.jpg
image 6.jpg (131.08 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
Ranting Thespian

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 am

Nice models you built there :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:47 am

You will learn about the history and the characters through translated diaries of Tay-nah as found by the DRC, as well as decipher from visuals you will come across

Uh... I hate to dampen the mood.. but... saying the DRC had something to do with your Age? =/

interesting models, and all.. but... using the DRC? =/

Even I don't go that far. =/
kaelisebonrai

Postby Ranting Thespian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:18 pm

kaelisebonrai wrote:
You will learn about the history and the characters through translated diaries of Tay-nah as found by the DRC, as well as decipher from visuals you will come across

Uh... I hate to dampen the mood.. but... saying the DRC had something to do with your Age? =/

interesting models, and all.. but... using the DRC? =/

Even I don't go that far. =/

The DRC have nothing to do with the age, really. We need the journals to be translated, and the DRC are an obvious choice. So we just have them finding the age, making sure it was safe to use, they translated the journals to the best of their abilities, and it is handed over to the Explorers. That is all, really. They have nothing else to do with the age, and have nothing to do with the story.
Ranting Thespian

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 pm

So they still have something to do with your story. Enough at least to violate RAWA's Rule of Writing #3 as mentioned here.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby chisaipete » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:13 pm

So, this really is my first post--so, hello! My name is Connor aka Chisaipete, and now to address a few things:

diafero wrote:Nice models you built there :)

Thanks! I'm the Connor mentioned in RT's post above. :P

D'Lanor wrote:So they still have something to do with your story. Enough at least to violate RAWA's Rule of Writing #3 as mentioned here.

Well, that may be true--I think we'll push ahead--we can either get our age permission request thingy denied (and then we'll change it), or, we'll come up with a different way of getting those journals translated. I believe this is the one part of the story that isn't deep "in stone."

It's great to be a part of this community, maybe I'll make a more formal introduction elsewhere!
chisaipete

Postby Ranting Thespian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:21 pm

D'Lanor wrote:So they still have something to do with your story. Enough at least to violate RAWA's Rule of Writing #3 as mentioned here.

I disagree that it violates #3, but it can be changed.
Ranting Thespian

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:42 pm

I don't understand how you can disagree. That rule is quite clear I think. Anyway, it is no big problem. Chances are that if you ask Cyan they may actually decide to play along (which would be no trouble for them at all) and that would make it canon. :) Case solved.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Tweek » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:11 pm

There are explorer restoration groups you could ask instead of the DRC.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Next

Return to Art and Story