Eder Gi-tsah (formerly Fire Tower)

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: Eder Gi-tsah (formerly Fire Tower)

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:50 am

Ranting Thespian wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:So they still have something to do with your story. Enough at least to violate RAWA's Rule of Writing #3 as mentioned here.

I disagree that it violates #3, but it can be changed.

It definitely violates rule #3. =) As with D'lanor, don't see how it can be seen not to. =/
kaelisebonrai

Postby Egon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 am

kaelisebonrai wrote:
Ranting Thespian wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:So they still have something to do with your story. Enough at least to violate RAWA's Rule of Writing #3 as mentioned here.

I disagree that it violates #3, but it can be changed.

It definitely violates rule #3. =) As with D'lanor, don't see how it can be seen not to. =/

DRC is as I remember, D'ni Restoration Council. How saying that Restoration Council helped in restoring another age is reveling new information about this group?
There is nothing new about the fact that DRC restoring Ages.... or is it?

Additional, analogical example was given by RAWA:
RAWA wrote:- Writer wants to "find" an Age that Gehn had visited prior to the events of Riven.

Verdict: Approved. Does not reveal "new" information about Gehn, or contradict previously released information about Gehn.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby Ranting Thespian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:28 am

I really don't want this thread to become a debate about rules. It was meant for info on the age, and progress reports. Please let's not continue on this subject.

Also, we have already come up with another way the Age and future ages can be found. Not by a DRC member but an admirer of the DRC and his discovery.
Ranting Thespian

Postby ddb174 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 am

Just as a heads-up, your Age doesn't have to follow Cyan's guidelines to be on UAM, if that's what you care about.
ddb174

Postby Ranting Thespian » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:04 pm

The story has officially changed. The DRC have nothing to do with it anymore.
Ranting Thespian

Postby AgeExplorer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Well its a good point that has been made about DRC involvement. I think changing the story actually helped the age a little more. I am very happy with the direction this is going in. :)
AgeExplorer

Postby Ranting Thespian » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am

Just an update. At the moment, we are working on the actual outside main structure, and mapping the space inside. Hopefully we will soon have a working outer model to show that is more detailed than anything that I have shown so far. Just be cautious if you have a fear of heights ;) .

Also, if you run into David John McDonald in the Cavern, say hi.
Ranting Thespian

Postby Ranting Thespian » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:35 am

Picture update. We seem to have a basic frame work of what the outside will look like. This is a rough image I threw together in Bryce. There are no real textures here, since we are still working on exporting the textures right through the plasma plug-in for 3Ds Max 7. Just for those who are curious as to how it is coming along.
Attachments
island and tower 1.jpg
island and tower 1.jpg (682.78 KiB) Viewed 5306 times
Ranting Thespian

Postby Ranting Thespian » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 pm

To update, I really have no visuals to put up that are wroth putting up. However, I have good news that the age is progressing forward. Here are some notes on what has been done:

- the "Link In" point has been established, and the area has been created.

- a test version has been a success in drizzle.

- the inside levels are now almost planned out, and furniture and style are being discussed at the present moment.

- new lighting has been added, so real shadows will be displayed, and the sunlight looks amazing

- the material of the tower has been settled upon. It was going to be marble, but we decided to go with a variation of Limestone.

- texture mapping is still being learned (hence no visuals yet) but it is coming along very well.

- the story is in stone, and a short introductory story will be written for everyone, and hopefully we will have something to give out at Mysterium .

Also, has anyone seen David John McDonald? We hear he likes to sneak around the cavern. Say hi if you see him.
Ranting Thespian

Postby Ranting Thespian » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:03 pm

some more new demo pictures. These are white, with no textures still. However, it does have natural lighting.
Attachments
linkin_1.jpg
linkin_1.jpg (109.3 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
from_linkin3.jpg
from_linkin3.jpg (119.74 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
from_linkin1.jpg
from_linkin1.jpg (109.43 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Ranting Thespian

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story