MogwaII's age ideas.

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

MogwaII's age ideas.

Postby Mogwaii » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:50 am

I haven't been as busy with this stuff as I wanted to be, but even if I was, I don't think I would have gotten any farther. My problem is that I am dreaming up a lot of new worlds, and I can't stay focused on just one of them. I'm not really looking for them, but I do invite them. These ages are beautiful, and I can't really express a lot of them, because what makes them what they are is the culture, and mood; it's something that can't really be explained until you've been there, because they are so unique. They are different from each other in every way.
Today i woke up. I got a warm shower. You know that sort of lulled state of exhaustion?, after being in an environment of humid temperature for some time? This new age has an orange sky, or at least most of the time it is orange. It is very industrial, there are a lot of metal factories, yet some areas are filled with solar panels working at half efficiency due to pollution that go for miles. Perhaps this age sells energy and metal to other places, although it has a sort of sense of isolation, so i don't know what it's about. abandoned? It is peaceful. the pollution isn't like- it doesn't have any genetic corruptions, it's more just like the air is nice and dirty, lots of gas. who knows what the skies are really like. if you weren't used to it, you would likely get very very tired, many people would pass out. well, you would be tired if you were used to it anyway. This age is easy to describe, as I already have pretty much. I picked this music that I think describes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WSfkc45zSw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOyyrB1wj04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBEZ_T_3OY this one does not match the theme so much as the others do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbjPFThyiY

http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmu ... seqend=ZZZ Select "words and music" This one isn't really going with the theme either, I just liked it.

this thread is about me recording a few of the ideas that seem interesting.
Last edited by Mogwaii on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
This seems like a cool game. So from this room I can go anywhere I want? Kirel? Sure I'll go there. Hey, free T-Shirts! Ah ha! This must be the best one, it's farther away! Hey, cool website! So what exactly is an age?
Mogwaii

Re: MogwaII's age ideas.

Postby Mogwaii » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:26 pm

When the guild of writers were gathered together, the subject came up of making a special age, one very different from the other ages. During the discussion, a younger writer suggested they all write an age together, in the same book. This was something rarely attempted, because the different ideas and perspectives of the writers would clash and result in a broken or unstable age; but they all agreed to try it anyway. Not knowing what kind of age they were creating at first, they each took a turn writing something into the book. By the time everyone had written something into the book 5 times, they decided it was finished. They closed up the description, and someone who was brave enough to, tested the link.

Well, there's an idea anyway. Does it sound any good?
This seems like a cool game. So from this room I can go anywhere I want? Kirel? Sure I'll go there. Hey, free T-Shirts! Ah ha! This must be the best one, it's farther away! Hey, cool website! So what exactly is an age?
Mogwaii

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:41 am

Sounds good but... it's been done.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Mogwaii » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

:| i hate you.

(kidding. :D I couldn't think of a more constructive way to respond.)
Mogwaii

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm

‹(•¿•)› Take a look at Ahra Pahts, better yet visit one of the "11 shells" they have done an excellent job in their creation. You may even wish to participate in the chainletter age (Rell-too)..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Zoo of sickness and death

Postby Mogwaii » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 am

I just dreamed that i was in volusia county still (i now live in polk county), but at this place that was considered about the driest florida gets and it was known as the desert for this reason (not at all possible for volusia). I you know what florida is like (other than the north part), you would understand that still many people outside florida would still call this place humid. Some brilliant volusia county morons decided it would be a good place to run a zoo (the kind of people in volusia that run the place are a bit :o ), because the animals that could not live in florida because they are from the desert could live there. I was there with my whole family minus siblings older than 18 and 14 yo girl does not exist, but only the ones blood related to me were relevant. sorry, i need to get to the point. :roll: Anyway, the only main attractions were the few sick animals and the "fancy" restaurant. me and my brother seemed to be the only ones capable of realizing the condition of the animals. There were ponds, i guess you could call them, of yellow-orange murky water. i found myself treading through it [no, not treading, that sounds like i was swimming, it was only knee deep where i was] and i saw dead bodies in the water i decided to just finish to the other side. some other people saw me walking through the water and told me how stupid i was to be in that disgusting water. i was not so afraid of that water, but interestingly found that no one else could see the dead people in the water. when we went to eat at the restaurant, i was sure to wash my hands well. the rest of the dream continues getting off subject as i later was playing with some straw like poles and some marbles and balancing them over a window on the floor that things somehow fall through to a place where gravity claims down is up.
but i just thought maybe that was an okay idea for an age, the description of a less humid florida park, with disgusting puddles of water. :geek:
Mogwaii

Postby Mogwaii » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:56 am

Why do I dream everything now?
I'm sorry about the pattern of which this is being presented, but I remember the dream and the feel of the dream better to maintain this pattern.
Here's what I dreamt:
Area of half central half south america type "sub-jungle"; What I mean is a thick, less woody part of vegetation, that isn't so exotic as what a lot of people imagine when you say jungle. Yes, it is less woody, but there is still lots of shade. Understand that there are trees, but they are not as hard, they are a softer wood. They grow up, not to a great hight, and are covered with more plants, mostly vine like plants, but a little different. Don't really know how to explain it. There are none, or very little thorns. It is dusty, dirty, and muddy because of the looseness of the ground. The ground may not be that loose, but the way the people help to display it, they exaggerate it a bit, because they ignore the terrain underneath the green layer of large leafed plants, and they don't mind kicking up high clouds of dirt or sinking through mud, and they don't usually bathe or anything odd like that.
They are obsessed with their silver. They use it as money, but it is often held on to much longer as a good piece to look at. They make coins; about 10 centimeters in diameter and 6 millimeters thick, with one side clipped off about 2.5 cm missing from a whole circle in a way that it has a flat side. There is a hole right below the cut for hooking onto a belt or chain etc.. (I say "cut" but that is not really what I mean, The shape is formed as it is molded.) The coin is then marked with whatever symbol or drawing someone wanted to mark it with. Yet not all silver must be a coin to be accepted as money, and it is often that someone will tie a chunk of silver to their thigh. There is no real specific fashion of dress, but in general, the more you are wearing, and the more creatively you wear it, the cooler you are. They have a nudity concept, and do not show their lower parts, especially not the men, and there is no necessity for a woman to cover her breast. They are very prideful when it comes to money. It is silly, because they don't really have much of an economy. No one actually needs money, as they can easily get make food and clothing and a house for themselves, but silver is used to buy things, and most things can legally be bought. You can not refuse a purchase. If someone pays the amount for something, they must receive it. One who does not follow the laws must simply live elsewhere. I dreamt I was visiting this place. A man was trying to warn me about the spirit of the money, that it controls people. He told me a story about a man who once had all his possessions bought from him, and in the end, the only thing he had left was a single bar of silver. He kept it as the only thing he legally owned. He wore it around his right leg for so long that his leg grew around it which disabled him.

It seems all the ages I choose to write about here have a theme. Maybe my previous age could be a part of this one, just a different place.
Mogwaii

Postby Mogwaii » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Here's an idea you might come to judge as a bad one... (the September 4th entry)

On a topic of a different age:
constant and mostly steady rain
flat and soft, but rocky terrain
a short, green, short-leafed, low, ground covering, single organism, vine wrapping around the whole world.
there are only about 5 trees which are very tall, and have roots stretching just beneath the surface around the whole earth, and also another similar type of root reaching deep into the ground and all roots are connected
around certain roots, create tunnels which will lead the the center of the earth, where there is just water.
trees are very big and are completely covered in a green moss.
the trees also have a big kudzu like plant over top, stretching across the whole world, which blocks out most sunlight
a feeling of being very small, yet very significant.
Mogwaii

Postby Stain » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Mogwaii wrote:I haven't been as busy with this stuff as I wanted to be, but even if I was, I don't think I would have gotten any farther. My problem is that I am dreaming up a lot of new worlds, and I can't stay focused on just one of them. I'm not really looking for them, but I do invite them. These ages are beautiful, and I can't really express a lot of them, because what makes them what they are is the culture, and mood; it's something that can't really be explained until you've been there, because they are so unique. They are different from each other in every way.
Today i woke up. I got a warm shower. You know that sort of lulled state of exhaustion?, after being in an environment of humid temperature for some time? This new age has an orange sky, or at least most of the time it is orange. It is very industrial, there are a lot of metal factories, yet some areas are filled with solar panels working at half efficiency due to pollution that go for miles. Perhaps this age sells energy and metal to other places, although it has a sort of sense of isolation, so i don't know what it's about. abandoned? It is peaceful. the pollution isn't like- it doesn't have any genetic corruptions, it's more just like the air is nice and dirty, lots of gas. who knows what the skies are really like. if you weren't used to it, you would likely get very very tired, many people would pass out. well, you would be tired if you were used to it anyway. This age is easy to describe, as I already have pretty much. I picked this music that I think describes it.

this thread is about me recording a few of the ideas that seem interesting.

Hey Mogwall, I'm new to this forum and decided to do a concept art on your topic. It took forever. but tell me what you think, the sky isn't technically "orange" but I can change it later if you want. I spent some freakin hours on this thing and I think could even spend more depending on if I stay awake. :|

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv24 ... untain.jpg
Stain

Return to Art and Story