Lava Cavern idea

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Lava Cavern idea

Postby sarpedon2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:56 pm

I've had this idea for a few days but this is the first time I've had time to think about it. I've had this idea of a lava cavern, perhaps situated somewhere close to the D'ni Cavern or perhaps in a different age all together.

You would first link into a small room that has large tubular machines built into the wall. On one wall would be a large machine that suits you in a heavy duty maintainers suit (like the one's you see in Gahreesen, but can't wear), and on another, a linking book to the Nexus. When leaving the small room, you find yourselves in a small, but vertically high cavern. The small room was built inside of a large spherical crystal, fused to the cavern wall, that was hollowed out by the D'ni. Above you, massive lights hang, sending a dim orange light down onto you. Beneath, a black surface, streaked with orange lines, cooling lava that has old, rusted pipes rising from its crusty black surface. You walk out of the metal walkway, extending from the crystal until you reach, a large metal barrier. The barrier can only be opened until you enter the suit-fitting machine, in the link-in the point (a safety mechanism to prevent from permanent scarring of the lung tissue and eventual death). Once you have suited up, you may enter the next cavern through a large fissure in the cavern wall. The Cavern beyond the first is much large, wider and much, much more active. Lava spews furiously from the lake as you walk along the metal walkway. Along the cavern wall, you notice large metal structures, capped with domes that have metal pipes protruding from them, that sit on the surface of the lava lake. These are storage containers, that are used if Lava levels exceed a certain level. The pipes suck up Lava at a quick paste, depositing them in chambers where the constantly heated to maintain viscosity. Also on the Cavern walls, growing round the edges, about 20 metres above the Lava lake are fungi, that seems, in a strange manner, to glow blue. This is because the bacteria in the Mushrooms react to the heat of the lava and this produces a chemical reaction which is seen as the blue glow.

Ahead is a large stone building, with a wide, transparent dome at the top. This is the control station for the operation. At the top of the cavern, a small shaft leads upwards, where it is filled with spinning turbine blades. These are turned by the steam, which turns the generator, which generates Electricity. If this was situated near D'ni, this would explain where the could get their electricity from, and where perhaps they could have things like hot and cold water and central heating.

More ideas tomorrow perhaps. I have done a quick sketch of the cavern, but I don't have a scanner to get it onto here.
sarpedon2

Re: Lava Cavern idea

Postby sarpedon2 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:32 am

On another note, I'm doing a lot of sketches of a new area of Eder Gira that is accessible by a rope ride that goes through a tunnel filled with running water and lava before opening out into a large water filled chasm with rock platforms. Like to hear opinions if I should keep doing this.
sarpedon2

Postby Pavitra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 am

I don't know if it's possible to alter the "original" version of Eder Gira. You might have to have the new area accessible only by Book, and talk about the rope ride in journals.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby ddb174 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm interested to hear more about it, whether or not it can be realized.
ddb174

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

I will second that statement, Please elucidate
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby kaelisebonrai » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Pavitra wrote:I don't know if it's possible to alter the "original" version of Eder Gira. You might have to have the new area accessible only by Book, and talk about the rope ride in journals.

Well, technically, you probably /can/ alter eder gira, i'd recommend doing in a separate prp if it was altered, though. As in, the new stuff in a new prp. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby sarpedon2 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:42 am

I haven't really done much with the Gira Concept or the Lava Cavern at the moment. But I have done this model in Blender of the stone platforms that you would stand on in Eder Gira II. This is only a test and I'm not sure whether to continue with this, but I thought I'd share it with you guys.

sarpedon2

Return to Art and Story