Kerath's Falls

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Kerath's Falls

Postby pokemon71096 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:10 pm

A age/location. one side is a waterffall, with a hallway through it, the other is a room.... yet to be used for a purpose. anyone interested?
pokemon71096

Re: Kerath's Falls

Postby dendwaler » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:43 am

The idea and the concept in general is nice.
I am afraid however that it is not drawn with the exact sizes of an avatar in mind.
I have the impression that as soon as you model this concept , the size of the step of the stairs might be to high to take.

Of course any modeler can make the step lower.
But if you do that, the whole composition changes.
It will not look the same and as nice as it does now, I am afraid.

I don't want to be rude, but it is very important for concept art, to draw everything in relation to the size of an avatar and its fysical abilities.

Or did I misunderstand the drawing?
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby ddb174 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:04 am

A person could do what Cyan does, and make an invisible ramp for the avatar to climb the stairs.
ddb174

Postby dendwaler » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 am

IMHO Cyan does that to get a better performance, by avoiding the use of triangle meshes as a collision bound when it reduces the number of involved vertices.
Not to make the impossible , possible.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby pokemon71096 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 pm

i could make it smaller if needed. but i need people to take interest before i get into technicals.
pokemon71096

Postby Jojon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I don't see how adapting step size would affect the composition in any relevant manner - the relative size and inclination of the staircase would still be the same.

In addition to being lower on computing load, the simple ramp collider makes moving about smoother, leaving avatars walking fluently up the steps, rather than bumping into each and negotiating it. (man it would be awesome if we had a dynamic animation system, which would adapt armature animation to the terrain. :9)
Jojon

Postby bnewton81 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 am

Ramp it m8. Honestly, does it detract from your age experience when you look down and your feet aren't perfectly on each step? I think not. And who looks down why running up a flight of stairs anyway? Also, i see you are using sketch up. http://www.blender.org Try out blender. It is also free and will open up a world of possibilities to anyone interested in 3d design.
bnewton81

Postby OHB » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:32 am

Well, I like it Pokemon. Did you do anymore work on it? Considered maybe using it as a centerpiece for a garden age? Or something like that? :)
OHB

Return to Art and Story