'the Sfeers' storyline [connected to Sfeers art thread]

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

'the Sfeers' storyline [connected to Sfeers art thread]

Postby chrissifniotis » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi all, I wanted to post my basic storyline behind my Sfeers ages so I can put it into context.

the Sfeers idea is designed to be a fan spinoff from the Myst series of games. This time, instead of following the family of Atrus and his kin, I want to a mysterious element of following the aftermath of the Stranger, after the events of EoA. Originally it was designed to be the next adventure after EoA, but that was before I realised that Watson was the player in the game. Still, I do want to operate on the notion. The story therefore is thus at this point;

After the events of releasing the Bahro, the Stanger decides to remain in the D'niverse to live out the rest of his days. His view of his heritage now considerably redefined, he embarks to learn and understand D'ni technology and attempts to learn about the Art, driven by the ages he visited in the previous adventures. With Atrus and Yeesha as his teachers, the Stranger over many years refines and perfects the ancient art to the point where he himself creates ages of fine standard.
Now he begins a project, establishing a network of ages that had just as much meaning as Myst had been to him, putting the best the Art had to offer on display in various realms. In keeping with his original language and now the D'ni tougne, he aptly names these worlds 'the Sfeers', the name taken from the surface word 'spheres'. Taking many months he had created this mircoverse with stunning detail and virtuous artistry in the landscape. These worlds were inhabited as well, collecttions of various races and species roamed these worlds just as the D'ni and surface dwellers have our own.
But to the original design of this network a flaw was exposed, originally seven worlds were on display, with the hub - the great Kosmosfeer - the most enchanting. The Stranger then thought of an eighth world, much unlike all the others. A world of phantoms and illusion and unreality. A world inspired by the madness of Spire, and a world that disrupted the balance of the microverse to near destruction.
Now, a hollow shell of the former glory, the Stanger asks the aid of his grandchild (the Next Stanger) to help rebuild the broken network, find the conspirators, and send them to their fates, the dungeon that now is Nuurosfeer, the world of the mind. Continue the legacy of the Stanger and solve the puzzles to answer the great riddle, who conspires against your grandfather?

There! :D Comments and feedback are highly appreciated.
Also as a sidenote, I need help understanding Atrus and Yeesha's attitutes. Does someone here know them well?
Links to my Myst/Uru Projects;
My Fractal Uru Gallery on deviantArt
Image Cyber Concert #1 - Tribute to the Reopening of Uru
[Currently Producing Cyber Concert #3 - Tribute to Uru, Entitled 'D'niverse in Concert'
chrissifniotis

Re: 'the Sfeers' storyline [connected to Sfeers art thread]

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:06 am

I like the Idea and the concept is definitely beguiling and intriguing.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Return to Art and Story