Texture (ART) wanted for Turtle Isle.

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Texture (ART) wanted for Turtle Isle.

Postby dendwaler » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 am

Hi all,
Those who have been able to play Turtle_ Isle will have noticed the boot which slowly sailes around the Isle. (see picture)
I agree fully with our member "Chacal", and don't like the boot, its not the right style.
Its not D'ni style.
Unfortunately I cannot draw even a straight line!
But I want to change Turtle Isle slowly into an age more "Canon".
Therefore i need your help.

Thats why i ask for a texture for the boot .
An fresh new original Drawing of a D'Ni like Boot in side view.
A PNG texture, without any backgrounds, sized 1024-1024 pixels.

If your submission is better then the current one , i will use it in the next update of my age.
When choosen, your name will be written in a "developed by page" of the "Turtle Isle journal" for ever.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: Texture (ART) wanted for Turtle Isle.

Postby Tweek » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:21 am

There's an image of the D'ni boats you can find in Ae'gura if that helps, one of which is a side view you could use as a base.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby dendwaler » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 pm

This is a great boat, it is ultimate D'ni ish , but its not a texture, and it is not original "writers" Art.
I could model it from there without a problem, but i don't need a model.
The boat, the one i used until now, is not more then 1 plane, with 1 face.
That is why i want , 1 completely (original not yet existing) finished drawing .

I believe there is so much and unused talent among us.
But until now only the modelers are in picture.
I hope, that asking in more straight way, for what is needed in ages, might be a way to trigger the real (concept) artist to contribute to this forum to get the ages to a higher and visual actractive level.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby J'Kla » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:15 pm

My Enobmort age has an Age linking ship built from scratch (Scratch is a much maligned and often missused raw material) PM me a destination and I'll forward a basic blend file of the shape.

Note this ship also fits inside an Ahra Phats Shell.
J'Kla

Postby dendwaler » Sun May 01, 2011 12:13 am

Thx for your offer J'Kla,
But again
I do not need a model! and i do not need a Cyan Boat replica.
I only need a picture, or a drawing, or a perfect render.(1024 * 1024)
The result has to be a sideview of a very good looking D'Ni Boat, it may have a cut off on waterline level.
A Nice Boat with all details on it, and better then the current one in my age.

dendwaler

Postby Szark » Sun May 01, 2011 5:44 am

So what you are wanting is a flat plane 1024 x 1024 with an image of said boat on it. This image could either be a handdrawn, computer drawn or as a digital render. If you had a model of the boat yoursefl you could use Blender to render the image. (Sorry I can't help with rendering in Blender as I use Vue Espirt, Daz Studio 3A, Carrara 7 Pro and Bryce 7 Pro to render images. So if I could get hold of the prefered boat model I could render the image for you. Plus I take it you will need a mask of the boat so you get a nice outline in a sqaure flat plane. I can also render masks so the match perfectly.
Szark

Postby D'Lanor » Sun May 01, 2011 8:47 am

Last year DatokerJ was working on a restoration project for the sunken D'ni boats in the city. He had a beautiful model in which you could actually sail the lake. The only problem was the view from the lake. Most of the city is invisible from there due to visregions. :roll: The project seems to be on hold now but I'm sure he could render the image you need. I'll see if I can get a hold of him and direct him to this discussion.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby dendwaler » Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 am

Well,
i try to explain it once more.

at the moment i use this png on the face of a plane and move it around the age.
Because the boat is on a distance you can not see that in reality it has no depth. Its not a model, its just a billboard i drag around the age.
I can project any other picture instead of the used one and it will look fine.

This one is a Spanish galjon AFAIK,and i would like a boat with a more d'ni ish caracter.
Not necessarely the one Tweek showed in his post.
Of coarse a render can be made of an existing boat if somebody has a TEXTURED model.
But the boats i have seen sofar are not well textured, so the render will not look good either.
I have not seen the one D'lanor is referring to, so that one could be perfect.
I don't know.

dendwaler

Postby DatokerJ » Mon May 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Its the same basic model Tweek posted, I have it textured, and I'd be happy to do a render for ya. Give me a little while to set it all up and I'll get em posted up here ;)
DatokerJ

Postby dendwaler » Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Thx DatokerJ !!
That would be great!

dendwaler

Next

Return to Art and Story