Salve Age

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Salve Age

Postby Shevek » Tue May 17, 2011 3:04 am

Greetings and Shorah all!

Well, it's been quite a while since I was last on these forums! Three years, to be precise! Anyway, I'm back and have had a nice long look around the forums and the Cavern (it IS good to see her back up again!) it is a shame, however, that Cyan does not seem to have made much progress, on the URU front at least. I know that they have been nusy releasing iPhone apps and such, so I guess that the only thing to be done is sit around and enjoy the ride, right?
Wrong.
While other people continue to wait and twiddle their thumbs, the Guild of Writers continues ever onward, releasing stories and Ages irrespective of whether Cyan have provided the means or not, and the Guild have done better at it than any proper employees. I'm sorry, but it is true. However, the shards and libraries, engines, installers, patches, instances and little sub games are far from cannon, far from easy to understand, and far from easy to install. All that can be hoped for, I suppose, is some sort of true hand in hand co operation between the Guild and the remaining grey hats and resengs (for want of a better term) to release something official.
In the meantime, I'll be writing my stories and flexing my modelling fingers. I put out Salve Age, at first, as a concept to perhaps raise for URU awareness and raise some money for Cyan. This idea, however, was frowned upon. So I shut it down. Not the story, because I prefer to see a story through to the end. But I shut down the idea of helping Cyan or putting it out in the net as such.
The story starts here, and shall continue at roughly a chapter a week with images, music, and sound effects. If I can improve it as I go, I shall. But for now, I hope you enjoy the story for the stories sake.

http://www.wix.com/professor_moore/salvenovel

Peace and joy be with you all.

Shevek
Shevek

Re: Salve Age

Postby nathan2055 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm

I haven't read the whole story yet, but it looks great! Can't wait to see the rest!
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby J'Kla » Wed May 18, 2011 11:13 pm

An exit button would be nice.
J'Kla

Postby Shevek » Thu May 19, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks Nathan.
And sorry J'kla, by exit, what do you mean?
Shevek

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 am

I keep looking for my towel and a sign that says "Don't Panic"

This reminds me of the olde text adventures....
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby J'Kla » Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 am

I've finished reading and want to close the book and exit. The only exit is to visit the sponsor.
J'Kla

Postby Shevek » Fri May 20, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm osrry, but exit to where? I still don't understand. Do you wish to exit the website?
If so, there is a tab near to top of the screen in your browser, press the x to close that tab.
I'm sorry if that sounds condescending but I honestly don't know what you mean by "exit".
Shevek

Postby nathan2055 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 pm

I don't understand either, can't you just close the browser, or hit Escape, or something?
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Return to Art and Story