A D'ni Romance Age? haha

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Re: A D'ni Romance Age? haha

Postby Rhee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:59 pm

HAH! If by "3D modeling" you mean "use Play-Doh", then sure. Otherwise, no... Lol I am the FURTHEST thing from a programmer at this point, so yes, a team effort would be required!

I struggled with the queer growth of the harp-tree... that the point of new growth occurs half-way down the trunk, at the bend... but at the same time I couldn't come up with a better idea. And your mention of the filaments separating from the trunk as it grows was actually one of my first ideas, but I abandoned it in favour of my current one, as I wasn't sure how the growth and separation of the filaments would be regulated.

LOVE the male-female flower fusion thing... i was thinking more along the line of vine tendrils originally, the curly-cue things seen on peas and virginia creeper and such, tangling together and locking in place, but I REALLY like the flower idea... The seed would remain housed within the filament until such time as the filament was pruned away, and then it could be planted and provide a new harp-tree.

Here's a couple more sketches that I doodled earlier today... Thanks for the many compliments! This thread is beginning to be a hard one to classify... the "story" part hasn't exactly developed much yet... but I couldn't say if it was better suited to a home in "Musicians" or in "Artists". Hah!

Last edited by Rhee on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby Jojon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:57 pm

I'll admit almost any 3D modelling package has a nigh vertical learning curve, if one comes fresh into them, but it it quite satisfying to see your first cube rendered. :)

I hope this thread will catch the eye and interest of some people (modellers and others), who are not already swamped with work (although I do see some of the more talented (usually multi-talented) ones, taking on several complex projects, without breaking a sweat -- highly impressive to someone who doesn't even find time to half-finish his Ahra-Pahts shell :P)
Even if there is no modeller right away, this could become one those ages that gets to actually be properly pre-planned, prior to putting spade into the ground. :9
Jojon

Postby dendwaler » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:20 am

I started to make the plant. the tree is next.
Its not exact, but it has the same caracter
Here is a first attempt, without leaves yet.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Rhee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 am

wow wow wow!!!!

Those are so cool dendwaler!!!! hahaha

lol does this mean you are my new work buddy? lol

Looking forward to the tree :D

Rhee

Postby dendwaler » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:17 am

Well, i have several projects on my list.
But from time to time i can do some things.
Mostly when i am bored when to long busy with the same.
But i hope others will also help you. I believe that with cooperation we will get the best ages.
When i have these object's ready I want to post them to "Texturu",.... only if you agree with that.
Then anybody is free to use them ofcoarse.
which can be an advantage but a disadvantage as well.

:D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Rhee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:24 pm

@dendwaler: I totally understand your busy-ness. I'm still super-impressed with the little tidbit you've given me, and I'd rather be a back-burner break-time project than no project at all! ;)

@Jojon: I'm hoping it can be a well-planned age as well! I am interestd in eventually doing some 3D stuff because it looks like fun (if a lot of work hah!), but until then, i will be sticking to my drawing board. Someday!

Rhee

Postby dendwaler » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:50 am

As you see in this render, I modeled the harptree.
Again no leaves on it.
I do them next.
They will not be modeled but be planes with a transparent texture.

dendwaler

Postby Rabenschwinge » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:54 am

Awesome!
I like both, the sketches and the actual models! Especially the harptree is mind-blowing!
Rabenschwinge

Postby Rhee » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 am

HOLY SMOKES!!!! :D :D :D

That is so awesome. You are my hero dendwaler :D :D

Rhee

Postby Jojon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 am

Fantastic renditions, dear wandering Dutchman; Love the texturing, not to mention your speed. :)
Jojon

PreviousNext

Return to Art and Story