Just a Hello from a n00b

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Just a Hello from a n00b

Postby pojibonzai » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Shorah!

I'm new to the board and wanted to say hi.
I am a soundscaper and would be interested in collaborating with any writers of ages.
pojibonzai

Re: Just a Hello from a n00b

Postby dendwaler » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:09 am

Welcome to the forum Pojibonzai .

Good shaped ambient sounds, custome made for an age are always welcome.
Is it music that you make or do you also make custome sounds for objects like sliding doors etc.
They have to be made perfectly matched to the animation time and can be complex to catch the right atmosphere.
If so, then i will keep you in mind.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:34 am

pojibonzai I also send a hearty welcome your way!!

Since the last Age submitted received recognition from Cyan themselves I am sure that people with your talents will be needed...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby pojibonzai » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks for your warm welcomes!

I am a sound designer and composer. I've worked in film and television for longer than I'd like to mention, (ahem...). I do work for the National Labs (Sandia and LANL) in their Industrial and Scientific films division. I have a 5.1 post-production facility running ProTools 9 HD and Logic. We use the JBL LSR6328 integrated surround monitors and have one of the most extensive SFX libraries in our area.
I also tour internationally with an R&B group (for longer than I'd like to mention than I previously mentioned .../clears throat again, louder this time). My wife is the executive director of a non-profit arts organization and we have three children. We've all played the Myst adventures and enjoy them greatly.

Back in the 90's, I did some work for Worlds of Warcraft for a flight sim game they were developing. It was a WWII thing, explosions, vintage aircraft sounds, etc... I don't believe it was ever released.
The opportunities for creativity and innovation were limited however, by the need to keep it a 'period' piece, not that it wasn't challenging...it just was not what I wanted to be doing then. In other brief forays into gaming I'd found, at that time, that Techno seemed to be the predominant, or most desired style and I wasn't interested in that either. (sounds like I'm picky, I'm really not)

IMHO, The Myst series is an open-ended universe, with unlimited potential for creating the unimagined. I like that.

That being said, sometimes I'm completely time-crunched but it goes in peaks and valleys. As long as there aren't too many hard deadlines (already got too many o' those) I think it would be great fun to jump in the sandbox and play. :)
pojibonzai

Postby Charura » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice!
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Trekluver » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 am

It's a special time for Myst fans right now (With Myst Online and the CWE engine being open sourced) and it makes it bitter sweet to see new people join the community. A hearty welcome from myself.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Trekluver

Return to Art and Story