Story Guidelines

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Story Guidelines

Postby zeke365 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:26 pm

I have read the RAWA guidelines on story and was wondering if this would idea would be okay. Could you have say an say someone worked for the the DRC but took a different journey to follow a different path. The only things that would be mentioned in the story was this person was tried of the DRC relegation's and decided to take their own journey in different ages to discover what was the best course of action. This Character is fictional and has no correlation to Cyan Characters. Though only in brief mention.
zeke365

Re: Story Guidelines

Postby Charura » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 pm

The brief mention might be an issue.. :D
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Rhee » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 am

I think a brief mention will be okay, as long as you don't reveal any "new information"

So, something like "My character used to sometimes chat with Douglas Sharper about football" would probably not get you into trouble, because we know that Douglas Sharper was all about the football and you don't reveal what your character and Mr. Sharper specifically spoke about in your football conversations, and also doesn't suggest anything other than a distant working relationship.

However, something like "Once Victor Laxman and I went to his favorite pizza joint, Slice-O-Heaven, and he told me that he had a crush on Yeesha." would be a no-no. Because we learn new, previously unrevealed truths about Cyan Characters, such as that Victor has a favorite pizza joint, and who he is romantically interested in, and that that romantically-interested-in-person is also a Cyan Character, and suggests that your character and Mr Laxman are good friends (because why would he tell your character who he has a crush on otherwise, unless he'd had way too many beers while waiting for pizza to arrive at the table, which would in that case reveal that Mr Laxman was not very good at holding his liquor or some such revelation).

Continuity's sake requires that you perhaps mention names and that sort of thing, but you can't ever be specific.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby zeke365 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 pm

The Character would not reveal any new information. Though the only thing mentioned would be he used to work for the DRC. The rest would be based on trying to create a character that would be not related to cyan but pure fictional.
zeke365

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Sounds like you would be fine.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Art and Story