looking to help

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

looking to help

Postby zeke365 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:04 pm

I've been playing myst online for a long time plus I have played all six games with the expection of realmyst (never have played). I was going to write this next year but I think it is important. I want to be more involved with the community. I have no tec skills but I'm willing to offer anyone who wants me to write a story for that age. I have been studing the uru live story guidelines cafefully the last few months to. So more focus can be on delvoping the age more or if there something else I can help with please notify me. Second my laptop is down so I can't doing anything right now but next year I would :cry: :( ;) like to help where I can on the Ghen shard as well as Myst Online.
zeke365

Re: looking to help

Postby Lyrositor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Unfortunately, the issue with Age creation is usually not a lack of creativity (after all, you need quite a bit of inventiveness to solve Myst's puzzles ;) ), but of resources. Age creators are a precious resource right now, and I think the last team project that was started somehow remained unfinished because of a lack of time/resources/???.

So... I'm going to say the only way you might get an Age done (unless you're lucky enough to find a partner willing to cooperate with you) is to learn how Age modelling works.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

I'd argue, that age creation isn't all about modeling,texturing and programming. I think one of the things many fan ages lack is story. The story doesn't need to necessarily be about the age itself, or even it's writer. A prime example is Uru's King Book's. a lot of D'ni's history was fleshed out because of those books. Dates, places, etc. So, for anyone out there who can write a story better than model an age, I'd suggest that they put those talents to some use. D'ni's history can still be fleshed out. Cyan left alot of wiggle room on what we can and cannot expand. Adding in more of that 10,000 year history with additional politicians, families, age histories etc, could go a long way to helping age creators. Story writers could write journals like the King Books, and other existing Journals in the game, post them somewhere here on the forums, then the age creators could take these stories and incorporate them into journals in the game itself, lifting some of the burden off the age creators to add all the back story themselves, while giving story writers something to contribute.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Afalstein » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 pm

I also am a writer, and though I have had a little programming experience, I am not confident in my ability to create ages. I like GPNMilano's idea, but where in the forums would we post such a thing? Here, in "Art and Story?" It seems as though we should almost have a separate thread devoted to stories.
Afalstein

Return to Art and Story